* Alton Towers - May 18th/19th 2006 *

Man of Honour
Got back an hour ago or so - the traffic in London wasn't too bad amazingly. Caughty up with Creature on the way down home - until he disappeared somewhere...

I'm properly exhausted! It's amazing how tiring having fun is! :D I'm going to have a power nap and then get myself together to meet the boys and girls in London later... Hardcore baby!

Some great stories/quotes/events/pics no doubt to follow soon - but as for now, I'm going to put my feet up and do sod all for a while. :p

Nice to see everyone again, and meet a few new people too - look forward to more of this! :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Got back about 2ish to find the carbon monoxide detector going off. Removed the batteries so that's that solved. :D

I cruised the last 90 miles or so at 60mph to see if I could get all the way home with the remnants of a tank of petrol. Got within ten miles of home before the needle dropped below red and I had to roll into a petrol station. So close.

I had a great time and it was nice to meet a few new people. Going to go and check my camera now and see what evidence needs removing.

Soldato
OP
We're home !

We made a slight detour to visit the Bravissimo shop in Cambridge but I came away empty handed :/

We then got stuck on the M11 after a lorry took a fancy to the bottom of the embankment :eek:

We're just sitting at home sharing a bag of chips :D

Had a wonderful time and it was great to see some new faces ( Tinkerbell & Headrat ) who were both a very welcome addition to the meet crowd

Will post properly later on after a nap :p

Associate
Got home about 45 minutes ago - half dozed through most of the journey back and I'm now trying to decide between bed or bath

Was great to see everyone again - I really wish we could attend more big meets than we do.

Shame the Flibs didn't get to the S&M Tree - I was looking forward to piccys of it :)

Hope those going have a good time in London :)

Soldato
Reporting back!

I got home about 12:10 probably should have post then :o
Went straight out again, just to meet someone, got back home and just collapsed to sleep :D. Had an excellent time meeting some familar faces and some new ones. A great time at AT since i'm a ride junky too.

You're all wonderful people, hope everyone going to London tonight has a good time too! I'll get back with silly wuotes and memories another time i'm not always the person for that, i seem to forget everything...

My sunburn has seems to have disappeared though :o

Soldato
Tiggy & 8Ball if i recall correctly :cool:

I got back home about 12:50, nice journey back with the scenery:)

Great to be able to put a name to faces! Your all wonderful peeps, and the weekend was so good because of you :D So thanks to you all.

Im glad most of you have made it home ok, and I hope that everyone going to the London meet have a great time

Man of Honour
As requested....

The Choccy Cake!

Linky *Caution - 1.5mb, 2328x3010 image*

Couldn't be bothered to re-type it all - so just uploaded the scanned page I was sent. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Last edited:
Man of Honour
dmpoole said:
Where did you lot go out into Uttoxeter yesterday evening?
I was all set to come but ended up with my car battery on charge and i've only just come home with a new starter motor :(

Went to the Ivory Cafe for food - then went back to the B&B and ate cake and drank..

The other half was very, very drunk. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Where did you lot go out into Uttoxeter yesterday evening?
Managed to book ourselves into the Ivory Cafe Indian restaurant. Not bad going for a late booking of 20 people. Was a nice enough place, food was good and the service was also very quick. Think we'll book in again for the next meet :D

Soldato
Desmo said:
Managed to book ourselves into the Ivory Cafe Indian restaurant. Not bad going for a late booking of 20 people. Was a nice enough place, food was good and the service was also very quick. Think we'll book in again for the next meet :D

Thank you for introducing me to something more Indian than Korma :)

My family hate Indian food so i've never really got a chance to try any myself.

Man of Honour
Well, I'm home (got home an hour ago but I'm a bit slow tonight). I expect I'm probably the last one (those that went home before going on to the London meet don't count :p).

TinkerBell said:
i was most likely wearing the hat!:D
I was almost convinced the hat was welded to your head. :D

Anyway, nice to meet three new (to me) people, and of course all the regulars. :D

Memories to follow when I'm awake (tomorrow). Will get the server sorted for photos ASAP (may take a few days).

Back
Top Bottom