Amazon Black Friday Sales *NO COMPETITOR PRODUCTS TO BE DISCUSSED*

Soldato
Caporegime
It's amusing to see people posting Very deals, their prices are massively over inflated due to the people who generally buy from them, so their deal prices are only a few quid cheaper than what you can pick them up from elsewhere, andyou don't have to deal with the way they process their deals of you paying full whack, then they decide if they'll refund you or not based upon how they feel that morning (as above if the code you sued is valid or not).

Caporegime
£60 off a £730 is considered a "proper" black friday deal?

maybe i shouldn't mention i paid £799 for my £1500 RRP tv a couple of years back which usually retailed for around £1200 in stores.

don't look at their inflated RRP, look at what other people are selling it for rainforest has that tv on sale for normally £60 more than very's black friday price.

There are hardly any proper black friday deals getting rid of old stock at bargain prices from any retailer.

The best you can hope for is that its the cheapest its even been and about 10% off what you can buy it normally by shopping around.

Thats still good pre xmas. Everything you buy today will be cheaper in January sales if you want to wait.

And yes very normally have inflated prices so you can't go on the pre sale price and like all things today, check around and see what other sites are/were selling them for. All retailers inc Amazon cheat by either using RRP or increasing the price prior to black friday to make the savings look better.

Look at Curry's on watchdog last night. An item they increased substantially from 1st Nov so it looks now like it less than half price when it was still cheaper than it today in January 2015 sales and only slightly cheaper than it was for sale in October (£10 I think).

Last edited:
Caporegime
The 20% discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer codes, and cannot be used on the following ranges: iPhones, audio, gaming, computers, projectors and tablets. Sale items, financial services products and delivery charges are also excluded from the offer.

Probably why I didn't get anything of my pair of Sonos 1's :mad:

Can confirm, they won't give me 20% off that lovely 55" 4k Sammy :(

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I'm after a Panasonic a Viera TX-55CX802B so far i've its not part of any BF deals. Cheapest one I have seen is £1499

Caporegime
You bought end of line like you always say (old tech) seconds/returns:D

it was brand new and about 3-4 months before the new models launched (jan/feb time)

still that's what i call a deal not less than 10% off it's usual price.

tv's at the end of january, start of february can be had for up to 50% off because of new models launching in a few months time.

they are brand new, and technology doesn't move much in tv's within 12 months, in fact the pioneer kuro is still regarded as one of the best tv's you can buy and it's getting near to a decade old.

Associate
£60 off a £730 is considered a "proper" black friday deal?

maybe i shouldn't mention i paid £799 for my £1500 RRP tv a couple of years back which usually retailed for around £1200 in stores.

don't look at their inflated RRP, look at what other people are selling it for rainforest has that tv on sale for normally £60 more than very's black friday price.

But does anyone do a 'proper' black friday deal outside of US chain stores? The closest I've seen is EVGA Hybrid 980Ti down to £500 (which is now sold out unsurprisingly)

I'm hoping Cyber Monday throws out some good deals but not waiting with baited breath because most of the deals aren't 'deals' really.

It's amusing to see people posting Very deals, their prices are massively over inflated due to the people who generally buy from them, so their deal prices are only a few quid cheaper than what you can pick them up from elsewhere, andyou don't have to deal with the way they process their deals of you paying full whack, then they decide if they'll refund you or not based upon how they feel that morning (as above if the code you sued is valid or not).

Think most people are aware of the type of company Very/Littlewoods and now Woolworths as they have just absorbed them are like. No harm in taking advantage of a good price if they are the ones providing it.

Associate
Sennheiser HD598SE for £75. Wanted a pair for ages but hated the colour, good so see them finally produce a pair in black

Just seen these and I prefer the original colour xD

For gaming, tv movies etc are these the best headphones for around this price?

Caporegime
it was brand new and about 3-4 months before the new models launched (jan/feb time)

still that's what i call a deal not less than 10% off it's usual price.

tv's at the end of january, start of february can be had for up to 50% off because of new models launching in a few months time.

they are brand new, and technology doesn't move much in tv's within 12 months, in fact the pioneer kuro is still regarded as one of the best tv's you can buy and it's getting near to a decade old.

Which is exactly what most of these tv's are. They were the beginning of the year new models, were probably once £1300 when they were the new model, been around £700 the last month or so and now you can get another 10% off.

If you think they will then go to £300 in Jan then you are mistaken. But if the 55" 4k Samsung is indeed £300 in January then I will take this back and gladly eat my hat.

Back
Top Bottom