Amazon Black Friday Sales *NO COMPETITOR PRODUCTS TO BE DISCUSSED*

Permabanned
Crap start for me, Thought i would put an order through to an unnamed site for £27, Have a £30 limit left on my CC and thought great 25% off! first attempt error, Second error, third error, Fourth ok i give up.

Checks my email and all four went through! Now a morning of worrying and emailing. Sigh utter noobs some of these retailers.

Caporegime
That Samsung UE55JU6000KXXU 55" is nice, reasonably priced. Hardly a steal though?

I've ordered one. I'll return it if its crap as the reviews on Amazon are a bit negative with regards to backlight bleed but to be honest I'm pretty easily satisfied when it comes to TVs, monitors however is a completely different story :D

For the price I paid I can't go wrong really. I once bought a ridiculously expensive TV and a few months later it was less than half the price so I've learned my lesson on that one!

Also:

FOR THOSE OF YOU OPENING AN ACCOUNT ON VERY FOR THEIR OFFERS, YOU WILL GET 10% CASHBACK ON MOST ITEMS VIA TOPCASHBACK.

Enjoy :)

Soldato
I've ordered one. I'll return it if its crap as the reviews on Amazon are a bit negative with regards to backlight bleed but to be honest I'm pretty easily satisfied when it comes to TVs, monitors however is a completely different story :D

Oh no, it's decently priced don't get me wrong; Samsung make some nice TV's as well.

I am currently in the monitor game. Can't make up my mind. 2 days I have looked at monitors solidly.

1080p or 1440p.
25 inch or 27 inch.
60hz or 144hz.

I enjoy my gaming. Currently have a 280x. I can upgrade to a 390 but I'm not sure if this is a worthwhile jump... so might get a Fury.

Seems to be 1080p at 144hz or 1440p at 60hz. Although Fury might be overkill for 1080p... But then people say 1080p at 144hz is better than 1440p at 60hz.

My brain hz.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Including this new one, I'll be up to 5. In a two bedroom flat :eek:

One in the lounge, one in the spare room, one in our room and two as decorations. Or decoys. Or dust magnets. Or whatever.

I'm a sucker. I'm the perfect person to have in a store as I fall for all the tricks every single time, then get home and scratch my head going "wtf have I just done?".

I fail at things sometimes, so I buy things to make up for it.

I'm very good at what I do :D

Associate
Almost bought the Hive on Amazon then doing a little digging on the main Hive site they have 2 models.
1. heating and hot water
2. heating only

The heating only is for combi boilers where as the the amazon deal only seems to be heating and hot water.

Might be worth watching out for

Man of Honour
Any cheapo 40" + TVs as cheap as possible but with decent image, tbh anything would probably look good compared to current one
My Samsung os making a high pitch whine. It also has terrible blacks, well terrible white greys that are meant to be black, and terrible ghosting.
And the other Samsung I owned, was far to dark, dark scenes where just a black screen.

Seen this, but for that price surly PQ is rubbish.
http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/49lb5500v/lg-49lb5500

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom