Amazon driver delivered parcel ... stole another !

Soldato
Didn’t Amazon have a scheme so you can let the drivers into your home or car to drop parcels off ?

I look forward to that one :p

I think they scrapped that. They wanted to sell a "smart door" which would let the driver in automatically. Bad idea is bad.

Man of Honour
I think they scrapped that. They wanted to sell a "smart door" which would let the driver in automatically. Bad idea is bad.

Not a bad idea in situations where you have an outer and inner door and can keep the inner door locked independently - but not everyone has that kind of setup.

Caporegime
I had a burglary happen upon me once and I called the police.

"Do you know who committed the crime? Did you see anyone?" they asked.

"Yes!" I said. "My wife!"

"What did she steal?" they wanted to know.

"MY HEART!" I screamed down the telephone, sobbing and almost grunting with the emotional turbulence I was experiencing.

"I see," they say, "and when was this?"

"February 2004" I croak.

< click >

giphy.webp

Associate
This happens more often the you would think. I’m a postman and my customers ask for parcels to be left all the time in their “safe place”. Now it’s not a bloody safe place as every delivery company will use it. On my round there are 6 other delivery company’s, you have ur usual DPD, parcelforce and yodel that seem to be the same drivers everyday. The others I have no idea who the company’s are but deliver from person cars or vans. So that’s 7 people including me who now know your “safeplace”, then you have the low life’s who follow delivery drivers waiting for them to leave a parcel.

Soldato
Thing to remember is that Amazon Logistics is just normal people who have passed some basic screening. They are not directly employed by Amazon, they are simply people sub contracted out to go and deliver some parcels for a cost.

I've generally only had good service from Amazon, but most people deliver to my workplace, and in that respect I think they can often do 5-10 parcels at once which helps them get paid more in one go.

Man of Honour

This is the shocking moment a delivery driver

Shocking ?

Why does this get used to dress up the most mundane things.

Shocking would have been kicking in the door to grab the package, then ramming his van into a school bus to make a getaway, whilst throwing hand grenades at the nearby old people home.

No offence to OP, glad you are sorted.

Soldato
@Brizzles the Liverpool echo is appallingly hilarious in its story reporting and low standard journalism. Everything is shocking, it could drizzle rain for 10 mins and it would be a shocking front of weather hits our proud city..

Back
Top Bottom