Amazon Echo - anyone have one?

I opted for the dot, so I've got a while to wait yet. Will be interested in hearing the experiences of those who bought the full tower.
Figured I'd hedge my bets as I'll know more about Google Home before the dot is delivered.

response from Amazon re stored data

Hello,
This is (xxxxxx) from Amazon Echo Support.

Amazon Echo uses on-device processing and recognition capabilities to listen for its wake word. When it recognizes the wake word, Amazon Echo lights up and streams audio to the cloud, including a few seconds of audio before the wake word. Your question or request will be processed in the cloud so your Amazon Echo can answer your question or fulfill your request. Amazon Echo’s voice services are developed to get better over time. For example, the voice services use your voice recordings to improve the results provided to you and improve our services.

You can view and delete individual voice interactions from the Amazon Echo App—just open the left navigation panel, and then select Settings > History. You can also delete all voice recordings on the Manage Your Content and Devices (https://www.amazon.com/mycd) page on Amazon.com.

mine got despatched yesterday, but sais "arriving saturday"

amazon are checking it, apparently it might of gone out via royalmail accidentally instead of amazon logistics(prime)

mine got despatched yesterday, but sais "arriving saturday"

amazon are checking it, apparently it might of gone out via royalmail accidentally instead of amazon logistics(prime)

If it doesn't arrive today as promised, be sure to request an extra month of prime in compensation. They always seem willing to do it if they miss their "guaranteed delivery".

Still waiting for mine, Amazon Prime started to suck lately,taking about 10 hours to get from Norwich to here (20 miles away), so yes technically get it the next day but too late to have fun with it that day :(

Well its arrived :)

Easy to set up, very good voice recognition. It will be more useful when I can ask it to play media via the Fire TV so that I don't need to pick up the remote to use voice commands. This is in the works apparently.

I'm tempted to get one (or a similar product) if only because I don't already have a portable/bluetooth speaker in the first place...

Don't get people's privacy concerns... if anybody's listening to my household they're just going to be wasting their own time... As for advertisers etc. I feel as though I'm already so conditioned to completely ignore adverts that it doesn't matter to me what they are... and in some ways maybe I would rather be shown adverts for products I actually mention?

As a speaker what is the sound quality like? also what are the options for using it as a radio to listen to BBC? I have a conventional radio in the kitchen currently and something like this which would be hands free is tempting. I do a fair bit of cooking so not having you touch the device would be handy.

Back
Top Bottom