Amazon Logistics..

threw a parcel onto the ground which has it's seal broken and no receipt.

is there proof of the throwing?

what receipt did you expect even if he rang the door bell?

the one issue here is the seal is broken. but broken is a vague word. i'm happy to agree that's an issue if it's actually properly broken all the way, but then you'd more likely say the box is open, not the seal is broken.

Soldato
Who said I wanted money? I want the knowledge that I can leave my door unlocked while I am at home and not have someone I don't know walking in without permission.

I have no idea where you guys live but here things like this definitely are not a common occurrence.

might have already been asked but does your misses have it set so that the porch is a 'safe space' to leave the parcels.

Also this is a bit of a non-issue...

Soldato
the one issue here is the seal is broken. but broken is a vague word. i'm happy to agree that's an issue if it's actually properly broken all the way, but then you'd more likely say the box is open, not the seal is broken.

He did say that in the first post.

Fairy sure the answer is no said:
ok so the box was not just left there, it was wide open. there's your issue. complain about that.

I'm sure Sargatanas2511 is thrilled you cleared that one up lol.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I just gave up on this post. Just to end it though I contacted Amazon Support and told them what happened. I got the order refunded and advised to keep it so it's a decent result. It wasnt exactly a high value order but at least they're showing they'll do something.

He lodged a complaint against the driver too.

Soldato
OP
I was looking for some advice which some gave, but the majority were saying I should accept an open parcel and move on?

It became more about the fact that my door was unlocked than me receiving a broken parcel.

Associate
I was looking for some advice which some gave, but the majority were saying I should accept an open parcel and move on?

It became more about the fact that my door was unlocked than me receiving a broken parcel.

But it seemed you main gripe was that he had left the parcel in your "porch" and not the fact the parcel was open.

Were the contents of the package damaged? if not, it just seems that the packaging did its job and protected the contents correctly from whatever misfortune became of the package.

Now if the contents were damaged then that is a different story but complaining when outer packaging is damaged is a bit crappy and you are then contributing to costs for everybody else.

Soldato
To be fair I'd probably write a note to Amazon if my delivery guy just opened the front door and dropped the parcel inside, porch or otherwise.

Perhaps I'm sheltered or perhaps it's just not the done thing around here, but I certainly wouldn't consider it normal and would highly likely contact the retailer saying so.

Would I write a formal complaint in the OP's shoes? No, not if I didn't have the chance to challenge the delivery guy but the goods seemed unaffected and worked as they should, but I was always told to inspect the goods upon arrival and if unsatisfied with the state of them to to reject immediately, and they weren't given that opportunity. I assume there's no signature required with Amazon Logistics so that last point could be moot, but I'd still complain on the basis that the packaging was suspect.

Last edited:
Associate
Amazon logistics. My account is set as if not in, leave in safe place "Rear Porch".

I leave the rear porch door unlocked yet I commonly get failed delivery attempts and no card.

Point being, I'd love it if they actually put my parcels in the porch!

Soldato
Never understood these houses with porches where you leave the external door unlocked all the time. I always keep my most external doors locked.

Not had issues with Amazon Logistics yet, but Hermes have a habit of leaving parcels on the door step in full view without knocking. They could leave it hidden behind the bin which is right next to it but that is obviously too much effort.

Associate
A bit of a silly thread. Would I be mad if the contents of a package were damaged? Yes and Amazon would fix that no questions asked.

However, the main grievance seemed to be the 'trespassing', which was a non-issue.

Associate
Scotland. OP is more used to people helping themselves in through locked doors. :D

Certainly you should take it up with Amazon if the item was damaged, but the trespassing thing, I don't see you will get anywhere with. They might apologise and pass on a message to him not to do it again, if that's what you're after?

Caporegime
Man leaves door unlocked, man is surprised when another man enters through unlocked door. Trespassing lol.

Why would anyone leave their front door unlocked? Beyond me.

Caporegime
OP here's the answer you want:

Write to Amazon and the OFT. Explain to them what happened and that you're suffering severe mental anxiety and have developed door-o-phobia and delivery-man-o-phobia and that you want to be compensated. Amazon will deliver anything you want for free, pay off your mortgage, satisfy your wife and raise your kids to a successful level. Only then shall you find peace.

//real answer:

Stop being so bloody petty and thank your blessings it was a delivery driver who brought your lax attitude towards home security to your attention and not a rapist or serial killer.

Soldato
Happens round here for houses that have a porch area. Has happened to me a few times and tbh I'm not that bothered. I tend to leave our porch unlocked unless we go out (but even then I will leave it unlocked if i am expecting a delivery) and drives 9 tijmes out of 10 will open the front door and pop a parcel on the floor in the porch.

Saves everyone the trouble or rearranging deliveries and what not so don't see what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom