Amazon Prime, next day not working?

Soldato
Right, double checked, everything that shows same day delivery will still give me an option for tomorrow or nominated day. I guess they just default to the fastest option when browsing.

@robj20 go through to checkout and change the day to tomorrow, see if that works, it worked on a couple of test items I just tried.

Soldato
OP
Right, double checked, everything that shows same day delivery will still give me an option for tomorrow or nominated day. I guess they just default to the fastest option when browsing.

@robj20 go through to checkout and change the day to tomorrow, see if that works, it worked on a couple of test items I just tried.

Doesn't work stuff that should come tomorrow but says Monday if I want Sunday it picks a week tomorrow.

Soldato
Doesn't work stuff that should come tomorrow but says Monday if I want Sunday it picks a week tomorrow.

That's a bit rubbish. Perhaps everything that would normally show tomorrow now shows today and will changed after 12PM to tomorrow? (the same day cut-off) And as such, everything that shows Monday was always a two day item? I'm really over thinking this :D

I work as an senior outbound planner in a distribution centre, not amazon but comparable so i'm naturally thinking of options why this may be.

Soldato
it must be something wrong with their IT/ordering system 'thing' surely?

especially since it seems to be the same for everyone regardless where you live, unless everyone replying here live next to each other :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Been like this for me for a while too. Last order this week was a 2 day delivery. It is becoming 50/50 if next day is offered these days. Not sure I will bother renewing it in the future if it continues like this.

Soldato
I’ve got a few items coming today out for delivery now ordered at about 9pm last night.

Some stuff was next day (today). A lot of similar items to what I wanted was Monday delivery though.

Soldato
I ordered something on Thursday evening on Prime and it said it would be delivered Saturday. Thought it was unusual, but wasn't bothered as that was actually more convenient. Checked the tracking yesterday and they said it was coming Sunday instead....but it turned up a few hours ago.

Soldato
Been like this for me for a while too. Last order this week was a 2 day delivery. It is becoming 50/50 if next day is offered these days. Not sure I will bother renewing it in the future if it continues like this.

I think that's just how Amazon is, this isn't the problem we're seeing. Some Prime stuff is two days. The problem was EVERYTHING was showing Sunday delivery on Friday...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think that's just how Amazon is, this isn't the problem we're seeing. Some Prime stuff is two days. The problem was EVERYTHING was showing Sunday delivery on Friday...
I have been using Prime for 3-4 years now and before nearly everything was next day, for me anyway. But I guess due to technical issues or upgrades right now it is even worse.

Caporegime
Monday for my home and Tuesday for work. Sorry I thought people were being let down on promised delivery dates rather than some prime items not being next day.

Caporegime
I'm not far from the Hemel Hempstead depot so I'm usually quite lucky but I guess it depends on the item and where it's held.

Doubt it's a computing problem, more like a supply chain issue.

Back
Top Bottom