Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
Still can't find an issue with Amazon - service is spot on everytime for me. Been a customer for 20 years now.

Son spent his xmas money on a gaming chair - despatched via Amazon from their germany warehouse within 45 minutes of the order on Wednesday afternoon, arrived at the house 11am friday (today). Can't fault that.

Printer ran out of ink last night - ordered new cartridges (OEM) ones at 10.11pm last night, delivered today by 11.30am.

Soldato
Prime has been good for me. I wanted to buy an item yesterday for under £10 without having to spend a minimum of £20 for free shipping. Just so happened they were offering me yet another free 30 day trial which I signed up for and received my item free delivery today without the minimum spend. I also get to watch the first season of Hunter before I cancel my membership.

Associate
Order all the time with Amazon, never an issue!..

I've got a problem now, my soundcard still hasn't been delivered despite two chat sessions to support where I was assured it would be delivered without fail by Today. It was an Amazon warehouse item, sold by and delivered by Amazon. It came from Germany, reached Bardon, Leicestershire last Tuesday then disappeared. Basically (*imo) it got nicked, and when contacted by the support people on my behalf Amazon logistics gave assurances that they would find it and deliver it. They can't find it - it's gone. There is no other reason I can think of they could not deliver it. I'm pretty p*ssed at being strung along like this and my next call to them is not going to be friendly.

beh

beh

Associate
Similarly unimpressed by Amazon CS recently, I'm sure they used to be more inclined to help rather than just fob you off.

Returned an item that was faulty using the postage label they provided. Royal mail tracking says they received it over a week ago, but for some reason their own systems aren't showing it as received. Given various nonsensical answers even after linking them to the tracking - "The carrier already received it however it is still in process/transit going back to the fulfillement centre of Amazon warehouse.", "We only consider items as recieved if there is already refund confirmation to your email."

Associate
Hooray, now I have my own Amazon delivery horror story.

I buy quite a fair bit off Amazon, and generally have not had any issues. This weekend I ordered over 1k worth of computer upgrades which was supposed to arrive today. I was in the house, and looked at the map when I saw it was the driver was close by, and saw them hover around the area for about 10-15 minutes. Suddenly, I get messages saying "your items have been delivered!". Err...you what? Saw the message saying "this has been left with neighbour (housenumber) (very generic one word name)". No card left for me, nothing. 1k worth of stuff just sitting in someone's house (apparently), when I was standing right next to the door waiting for it to be delivered.

Walked up and down my street in the rain. There is no bloody house number on my/the delivery address street with the house number they said! I did find the same house number down the road, but that was technically another street, and they didn't have it. Must have knocked on about 10 random doors in the vicinity before I gave up and decided to give Amazon a call.

I just can't believe they can say "delivered to John of number 1" with absolutely zero proof and say that's sufficient proof of delivery or that that's enough evidence to the actual recipient.

I should've just gotten it delivered to my workplace like I usually do. Absolutely livid.

Soldato

I buy quite a fair bit off Amazon, and generally have not had any issues. This weekend I ordered over 1k worth of computer upgrades which was supposed to arrive today. I was in the house, and looked at the map when I saw it was the driver was close by, and saw them hover around the area for about 10-15 minutes. Suddenly, I get messages saying "your items have been delivered!". Err...you what? Saw the message saying "this has been left with neighbour (housenumber) (very generic one word name)". No card left for me, nothing. 1k worth of stuff just sitting in someone's house (apparently), when I was standing right next to the door waiting for it to be delivered.

Walked up and down my street in the rain. There is no bloody house number on my/the delivery address street with the house number they said! I did find the same house number down the road, but that was technically another street, and they didn't have it. Must have knocked on about 10 random doors in the vicinity before I gave up and decided to give Amazon a call.

I just can't believe they can say "delivered to John of number 1" with absolutely zero proof and say that's sufficient proof of delivery or that that's enough evidence to the actual recipient.

I should've just gotten it delivered to my workplace like I usually do. Absolutely livid.

If they haven't delivered it, then get a refund/re-delivery via Amazon chat?

If you were home no reason they should be attempting delivery at a different address, and they should have left you a card to prove they physically reached you.

If Amazon CS don't play ball then email [email protected], that goes to their head office, they will look into it for you properly. Only use that method though if normal chat/support isn't helping.

Man of Honour
I was in the house, and looked at the map when I saw it was the driver was close by, and saw them hover around the area for about 10-15 minutes.

I watched the van through my house window + the APP, it called at 3 other houses in my street and then it drove straight past my house.
In the past I have ran to the other end of the street where I can head off a delivery van because it goes in a circle but my knees are too bad now.
I then watched the Amazon van leave the area on the APP, about an hour later there was a knock on the door so he must have wasted some time.

Associate
If they haven't delivered it, then get a refund/re-delivery via Amazon chat?

If you were home no reason they should be attempting delivery at a different address, and they should have left you a card to prove they physically reached you.

If Amazon CS don't play ball then email [email protected], that goes to their head office, they will look into it for you properly. Only use that method though if normal chat/support isn't helping.

Well I did call them. They said to wait till tomorrow to see if whoever it was apparently delivered it to comes to drop it off. I'm not holding my breath. After tomorrow I can do the refund/resend thing.

Only thing I noticed is that some of the items were fulfilled by Amazon, not actually sold by them, but these don't have an option to refund or resend, only return? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about those. I emailed back after I noticed that, but not sure I'll get any response.

Soldato
Well I did call them. They said to wait till tomorrow to see if whoever it was apparently delivered it to comes to drop it off. I'm not holding my breath. After tomorrow I can do the refund/resend thing.

Only thing I noticed is that some of the items were fulfilled by Amazon, not actually sold by them, but these don't have an option to refund or resend, only return? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about those. I emailed back after I noticed that, but not sure I'll get any response.

Personally find livechat a lot better than their phone support, ymmv.

Caporegime
OP
Oh dear didn't realise Diddums was perma banned. Anyone know what he done to get such a punishment?

Oh yeah, it's normally a spack out but I can't see anything.
He was one of the good guys also.

Ive spoke to him through email. Sent him a message to come on the IRC chat room but he never come on.

It was because some people didn’t like the truth told to them and he would spaz out at people lol

Alright, calm down, I'm here! The trick to getting out of imprisonment is to just sing Barbie Girl repeatedly until they give in and let you out. I'M A BARBIE GIRL, IN A BARBIE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLDDDDDD, NOTHING PLASTIC, IT'S FANTASTIC, YOU CAN BRUSH MY HAIR, AND TOUCH ME ANYWHERE, IMAGINATION LIFE IS YOUR CREATION! C'MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY! OOH OOOH AAH YEAH! etc.

No jokes, I know the lyrics off by heart. True story. 1v1 me bro.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate

Had similar recently but only a £20 OBD reader, never really had an issue before other than the odd parcel being left in a neighbours shed/garden box/bin and no number so a little treasure hunt. I was waiting for the delivery to do some work on the car so watching the app, 8 stops away 6 stops away...…… "your item has been delivered" marked as handed to resident. Knocked the usual neighbours with no luck, jumped on chat super apologetic £5 credit immediately to my account and asked if I minded waiting till the following day. Still no delivery 24hrs later so jump straight back on chat and they issue a refund.

Back
Top Bottom