Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
Not allowed to say on here, but it's not Iptv or torrents (directly) it's a paid service at a low cost per month which gives you 4k streams to whatever is available. Wasn't really intended for this purpose originally as its been around 10years + but is probably the most fluid solution available.

Unlmined photo storage is available on Google photos for free if your on android.

That's a lot of money to pay for your services to be so fragmented. Basically cable tv.
Google Photos is limited to 15GB it's why I ditched it when they changed it.
I don't pay for them all only Prime.

Your not allowed to say because it's probably illegal in guessing, you can't compare that to a legitimate service.
By that logic people that buy cars are idiots because you can steal one for free.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've now explicitly ordered several items direct from De site, which have been cheaper, or just not available on uk site.

Subscribe and save -
am now using this extensively, but is there anyway to get a non-SS product included in your delivery to avoid the £25 free postage threshold that would apply

Soldato
I'm now using a nearby shop and the pain of having to wait an extra couple of days to do what I was doing before minus the yearly subs.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had something delivered the next day, even though I'm not on prime anymore.
Everything else I've gone to collect from a local pick up, a few days after, normally quicker than they say too.
I've also spent a lot less money on shopping, since cancelling prime.
All good overall

Soldato
I've had something delivered the next day, even though I'm not on prime anymore.
Everything else I've gone to collect from a local pick up, a few days after, normally quicker than they say too.
All good overall

Yeah, I've had next day on a few things and just change when they try to slide in delivery charges.

Soldato
All good overall
If its sold direct by amazon it makes little difference as to delivery times whether you're prime or not, 3rd party sellers on the other hand you take pot luck

I've ordered things from Argos instead to avoid amazon's delivery charges and picked them up same or next day too from a sainsburys local within walking distance, good enough

Soldato
I'm going to go out on a limb and say amazon are no longer competitive.

I don't have prime and amazon now rarely features in my searching.
A couple of years ago amazon was my go to. Even without prime.

I've bought 3 things from amazon this year. A record low.
I've bought more from argos than amazon.
Onbuy feature now too

Have to say I would never have predicted currys, argos etc would be cheaper amazon for a lot of things I buy.
It's usually the delivery charge that puts amazon off the cards. So I can see if you have prime they are still a good bet.

Some of the savings at currys last black Friday (plus top cashback) were amazing.
I bought some counterfeit item off OnBuy.com by accident. Their customer service is "Horrendous". So far I can't get a refund and can't return the product because it's from China. The 3rd party seller in China just refutes everything I say and OnBuy customer support don't seem interested. It's the worst customer experience I can remember.

Halifax bank kind of sick too because they are telling me to wait 15 days before they will entertain doing a charge back.

Last edited:
Associate
Did you know... That if you have your partner added to your Amazon account under the Amazon Household system then that person will get notification of all your transactions by default? I didn't until she asked what was that tripod for that you're having delivered today? I thought - What? How does she know that? Long story short, there is a setting within the Alexa app (iOS) that is set to share all such notifications to linked accounts which is enabled by default. It's now set to OFF.

Caporegime
Did you know... That if you have your partner added to your Amazon account under the Amazon Household system then that person will get notification of all your transactions by default? I didn't until she asked what was that tripod for that you're having delivered today? I thought - What? How does she know that? Long story short, there is a setting within the Alexa app (iOS) that is set to share all such notifications to linked accounts which is enabled by default. It's now set to OFF.
The Echo always gives the game away in our house anyway.

Soldato
Not sure about that. I've had it this whole year and that hasn't happened.

Soldato
So after weeks of 'You should come back - No it cannot be delivered to your house, unless you pay extra - Not next day, unless you pay extra - I am now going straight to the checkout which shows Next day - Home address and No extra charges at all.

Man of Honour
These adverts on Prime video are becoming very annoying now. I am fed up enjoying a program when suddenly it goes straight to a advert. It ruins my immersion in the program and it's a really scummy way to treat your customers. No doubt they dso it so that people get fed up with them and pay the extra to go ad free. What they should have done was intorduce a lower tier that had adverts and had the existing tier ad free but they got greedy instead and crapped on their existing customers.

Associate
A lot has changed since 2018 when thus thread was first created and not for the better. Amazon was doing well for a while, now I have completely gone off it as a purchasing platform. Greedy and mostly full of rubbish, the quality of products has gone severely downhill.

Caporegime
A lot has changed since 2018 when thus thread was first created and not for the better. Amazon was doing well for a while, now I have completely gone off it as a purchasing platform. Greedy and mostly full of rubbish, the quality of products has gone severely downhill.
most of amazon is just ali express crap..

and now amazon seems in the habit of trying to shift bulk quantities of stuff..

go on amazon search "plant propagator" click free delivery by amazon.

look how expensive a single propagator is about 13quid.
but 99% of the listing are 13-20quid for 6-10 propagators

why can't I buy a single one for like a fiver? amazons turning into costco or what

Soldato
These adverts on Prime video are becoming very annoying now. I am fed up enjoying a program when suddenly it goes straight to an advert. It ruins my immersion in the program and it's a really scummy way to treat your customers. No doubt they dso it so that people get fed up with them and pay the extra to go ad free. What they should have done was intorduce a lower tier that had adverts and had the existing tier ad free but they got greedy instead and crapped on their existing customers.
That’s not long been a feature, having to pay extra to not have adverts. The company is doing well enough it’s just money grubbing ****housery on their part.

Last edited:
Soldato

That entirely depends if you know what you are buying (brands and the like) but do agree that the tosh end of the market is strong with Amazon.

I've bought plenty quality gear that cannot be bought elsewhere for anywhere near what I've paid Amazon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom