• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**AMD 5700 X3D Owners CLub**

I have just updated to this from a 3900x using the same RAM and Mobo. Seeing some nice gains across most games.

Here are some before and after benchmarks. Feeling it was indeed worth it.

ZT2JSWO.png

1zoa4Ah.png

02eAxt9.png

FgbCshu.png

oMmBCGU.png

xX1btO4.png

Anyone else feeling to update some older 3x series or lower?

Last edited:
Still sat on the fence whether to get one to replace my 3900XT. I just can't decide if it's worth it with my 2080Ti at 1440p.

Looking at importing one, so if i can sell on my 3900XT for about £90ish, then it's only about a £50 upgrade.

My son has just purchased the 5700x3d to replace a 5800x, so a slight drop in outright clock speed, but hopefully much better for gaming.
He mainly plays WoW and with a 3060ti.

Only after I swap out the CPU will we know if it was worth it.

Still sat on the fence whether to get one to replace my 3900XT. I just can't decide if it's worth it with my 2080Ti at 1440p.

Looking at importing one, so if i can sell on my 3900XT for about £90ish, then it's only about a £50 upgrade.
I've got some benchmarks showing the differences which I'll post later. I'd say yes tbh

The massive differences are at 1080p but in a lot of games I noticed a good uplift say 10 to 20% at 1440p

Take squads. I went from mid 70’s to mid 120’s

5600 to 5700x3d

Last edited:
I went from a 5700X to a 5700X3D.

It's shored up all the weak spots where the former underperformed as far as I'm concerned, such as cities in WoW or dense areas in TLOU. I no longer have to gnash my teeth at a stutter or sub-60 fps camera angle when otherwise the framerate was flying.

If only I'd imported - I could've got the upgrade for free after selling the 5700X on the bay at the time :p

It's shored up all the weak spots where the former underperformed as far as I'm concerned, such as cities in WoW or dense areas in TLOU. I no longer have to gnash my teeth at a stutter or sub-60 fps camera angle when otherwise the framerate was flying.

If only I'd imported - I could've got the upgrade for free after selling the 5700X on the bay at the time :p

Cheap as chips. My daughter is getting an upgrade from a 3200G so in my maths that's free

My son has just purchased the 5700x3d to replace a 5800x, so a slight drop in outright clock speed, but hopefully much better for gaming.
He mainly plays WoW and with a 3060ti.

WoW loves X3D chips, especially if he's into end game raiding or large scale PvP. He should see much better and more consistent performance.

I switched out a 3700X to a 5800X3D about a year ago and the difference was night and day, given you can get a 5700X3D for around £130 at the moment it's an absolute no brainer for anyone still on AM4 in my opinion.

Cheap as chips. My daughter is getting an upgrade from a 3200G so in my maths that's free
I sold my 5700X for £130, but had purchased the 5700X3D for £230.

£100 for the upgrade was probably still worth it. The big anxiety at the time was if my 140mm AIO watercooler could handle it. Fortunately it's apparently much cooler running than the 5800X3D. I guess that's how many are now able to consider a direct swap to the 5700X3D without changing their HSF.

How all the mega discounted imports have happened with the 5700X3D makes no sense to me. It'd be like Nvidia flooding the market with £150-£200 1080 TIs in 2020.

What resolution are you on?

Currently on a 5700X but most vids seem to show not much difference at 1440p?

I mean, I'm looking for an excuse to get one as my 5700X would then replace my 3600 in my backup pc...

Last edited:
What resolution are you on?

Currently on a 5700X but most vids seem to show not much difference at 1440p?

I mean, I'm looking for an excuse to get one as my 5700X would then replace my 3600 in my backup pc...

3440x1440@100 Hz and 4K@60 Hz.

I'm all about avoiding the dips and am just wanting a steady 60 fps at 4K and preferably 80+ fps on the ultrawide).

The 5700X was still lagging behind and under-utilising my 7900 XT at these high resolutions in certain areas in AAA games, even when the other 93%+ of the time I was GPU-bound. And then there are games like WoW, where hanging out in a city will be a painful experience on the 5700X.

The 5700X3D seems to have corrected these issues :)

I can't comment for those wanting to turn their 160 fps 1080p experience in to a 240 fps 1080p experience. My setup is skewed toward high-res low-refresh-rate.

Back
Top Bottom