1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, 18 Nov 2020.

1. Gerard

Caporegime

Nice of them to add more complexity to the **** show of ordering.

2. Martini1991

Caporegime

It's not AMD's fault for this.
    Brexit has as expected, been a disaster.

3. MCFC_ANDY

Wise Guy

for sure, huge recession, pound falls through the floor, ah, oh wait, maybe not:D

4. philo-sofa

Hitman

In a similar vein to the RX 5700XT (which was at least new):

[​IMG]

I can't name and shame the retailer, but you may recognise the colour scheme.

Last edited: 21 Jan 2021
  5. eeii

Hitman

ouch thats mental :eek::eek:

6. heartburnron

Mobster

If it's any consolation, and I have no idea if this normal behaviour or not, but I've been watching the value of Bitcoin over the past week or so and it had stayed at a value of around £30,000 per coin until the last 24 hours when it has dropped 24% to £26,000. No idea if this is the start of a major decline again or if it will bounce back...

7. MCFC_ANDY

Wise Guy

problem is crypto gets nervous when regulations are mentioned,the more its in the news the more it gets nervous, same went for last time, the higher it went, the more news and the more governments were looking at regulation, then it crashed, and nothing more was mentioned, though obviously there are other factors as well

8. welshrat

Gangster

Its normal behaviour to be honest and its been due a correction, pretty sure it going mainstream in the next 5 years but expect these huge gains and falls. still sitting on my one btc and other alts, but still kicking myself for selling 100btc for 140 dollars and also buying a gaming chair for just under 1btc 5 years ago which has now peeled, My wife reminds me about the chair on an almost weekly basis :)

9. FTP-FPS-Duck

Gangster

Second epiphany of the day: I'm going to upgrade my GPU by swapping out my 1440p 165hz for a 1080p 60hz. Sit back and watch me max out everything.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. heartburnron

Mobster

Wow man that's a sickener! I just started started having a go at mining this past week, seeing as myself and each of my 3 kids all have our own gaming PCs in the house so that was 4 GPUs and seemed silly not to take advantage. Got £35 for my first week but any mining today has just to keep the value I've already got.

11. welshrat

Gangster

It's not so bad to be honest I came to terms with it ages ago. But won't sell my last one until it either becomes worth nothing or it hits half a mill, seen it all over the last 10 years, all the ups and downs. Bought a rx290 for half a BTC back in the day. Thought it was a bargain