• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Soldato
Well thanks AMD, nice big stock drop of all cards and processors in the EU but nothing in GB.
If you use a VPN they are in stock but you could end up with a vat and customs bill.

Thanks Brexit

Associate
And then, proving the universe has a sense of humour, manufacturer has a gone in 60 nanoseconds drop at RRP for both 6800 and 6800 XT. Let me remind us all what those are:

6800: £529

6800 XT: £599

Associate
One thing I am not sure on anymore. If 6800xt cards were being held to let the warehouse catch up. Why still sell everything else? :confused:

Associate
Well I just bought a 6800 Gaming Trio MSI for 799, well over the odds but I can currently sell my vega 56 for £300 so all in all not so bad, arrives tomorrow :)

Caporegime
It's a farce, just so they can say they delivered on their promise to "keep making them".

Yeah, like 5 cards for the whole UK.

I checked the instant i got the notification, the page said "buy now" for an instant before going to out of stock. Total joke.

Funny that i was talking about their lack of stock drops last night, i suppose in their minds 2 or 3 cards counts...

Soldato
I checked the instant i got the notification, the page said "buy now" for an instant before going to out of stock. Total joke.

That was the AMD Brexit payback. The card showed instock for an instant until the webpage update to GB, As the alerts kept coming through I fired up an Ireland VPN and all three cards + most of the CPU's were available.

Set the VPN off, clicked the direct link again and it once again showed stock for a brief second as GB loaded.

Back to Ireland VPN, 2 of 3 cards in stock with 2 CPU.

Did anyone actually see these is stock in UK, from what I can see they were EU only, probably due to the complexity of UK insisting VAT is paid in the UK which makes distribution complex.

Associate
Well I just bought a 6800 Gaming Trio MSI for 799, well over the odds but I can currently sell my vega 56 for £300 so all in all not so bad, arrives tomorrow :)

That's the slight mitigating factor, a 1080 Ti like mine now for for £400 second hand, up £150 from 4 months ago, would go some way to covering the additional outlay if I were hunting for a card.

Back
Top Bottom