AMD Black Friday from Sapphire GO GO GO !!!

Associate
Is this the standard edition for the Nitro Vega 64? with 2-8 Pin connections and not 3-8 pin connections?

I know the limited edition Nitro+ is a 3-8 pin connection. I prefer the stand edition so any help would be great!

And would 750 PSU 80+ gold good enough to run the Nitro? :) thanks in advance! (planning to undervolt the Vega as well)

Soldato
cheers, i was tempted by the vega cards form the outset but always got cheap nvid's. i may bite and sell the 1070!
Essentially it would just be like upgrading from the 1070 to 1080, so it wouldn't be a huge upgrade (though from driver performance side of things, AMD will most likely offer much longer performance optimisation for new games).

If you already own a 1070, then may be you should just hold on to it and save you money for upgrading when next gen 7nm GPU cards are out possibly late 2019. If you own a Freesync monitor, or a 4K TV that support Freesync, then that's a difference story.

Soldato
Is this the standard edition for the Nitro Vega 64? with 2-8 Pin connections and not 3-8 pin connections?

I know the limited edition Nitro+ is a 3-8 pin connection. I prefer the stand edition so any help would be great!

And would 750 PSU 80+ gold good enough to run the Nitro? :) thanks in advance! (planning to undervolt the Vega as well)
Pretty sure it is the standard edition with two 8-pins, with even the picture on the product page showing the card with two 8 pins (otherwise they would have stated it as the limited edition).

Your PSU should be more than capable (I am running mine overclocked with a old Corsair TX650W at the moment), though for Vega it is recommend to use 8pins from two separate cables (rather than two 8pins from the same cable).

Associate
Pretty sure it is the standard edition with two 8-pins, with even the picture on the product page showing the card with two 8 pins (otherwise they would have stated it as the limited edition).

Your PSU should be more than capable (I am running mine overclocked with a old Corsair TX650W at the moment), though for Vega it is recommend to use 8pins from two separate cables (rather than two 8pins from the same cable).

Thanks! Yeah I know I saw the pictures just wasn't sure since they are the generic ones just wanted to be safe as I don't care for the limited edition.
:)

Associate
I see the 2700X 2600 and 1700 have been reduced in price this afternoon. Any chance of a deal on the 2600X @Gibbo ? Only thing i'm waiting on a deal on and i'll be placing my order for mobo, ram, ssd and CPU :D

OcUK Staff
OP
I see the 2700X 2600 and 1700 have been reduced in price this afternoon. Any chance of a deal on the 2600X @Gibbo ? Only thing i'm waiting on a deal on and i'll be placing my order for mobo, ram, ssd and CPU :D

2600X has no planned promotion, I've knocked a fiver off it if that helps. Maybe consider 1600X or 1700 instead, both cheaper.

Associate
Associate
My Vega 64 Came today
it comes with 2 efi bios's

default = 210w
secondary = 240w

Here's dumps of them
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/200283/sapphire-rxvega64-8192-180125
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/200284/200284

Without going into indepth testing
here's what im running mine at atm

240w Bios
State 6 1050mw
State 7 1100mw
Power Limit 50%
Memory Frequency 1000

seems fine on gputool/overwatch/fortnite

I may need a eye test I could not see a bios switch on my card, but I am old.;)

Where can you find the bios switch?

Which position is the default setting?

Associate
anyone else order the v64 on Friday and not have it ship? sent a webnote and got a reply saying that I'd need to wait till December since the website's stock couldn't be updated fast enough even though from this thread it seems like stock only ran out yesterday? :( I'm from Canada if that matters.

OcUK Staff
OP
anyone else order the v64 on Friday and not have it ship? sent a webnote and got a reply saying that I'd need to wait till December since the website's stock couldn't be updated fast enough even though from this thread it seems like stock only ran out yesterday? :( I'm from Canada if that matters.

Maybe because its an international order, but we have a small amount put to one side, so we shall allocate to outstanding orders, we oversold by around 15 units, which shall ship out this week all been well. :)

Associate
I may need a eye test I could not see a bios switch on my card, but I am old.;)

Where can you find the bios switch?

Which position is the default setting?

04a01855-43d9-4100-a54d-a0687cc3c8f0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom