• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Bulldozer Finally!

Associate
sorry if i seemed harsh but just trying to state a point it is what i went for and it was my choice and im happy with it just installed an M4 and it flies with everything as it did with my C300 intels performance may be better but when you have all previous components i wasnt willing to pay for all new stuff again when i had not long got everything i had if you know what i mean

Caporegime
But your Phenom II X6 is better.
Rendering your point about the FX8 moot, you could have not bought an FX8, sold what you had and got an i5 set up on the same budget.

Or, you simply don't buy anything and stick with the X6 and save money as your X6 is better.
You can't say one thing, while completely rendering it moot by actions.

On the general usability with an SSD, I ran my SSD on an Athlon X2 5400 and didn't notice any difference between it and a 5GHZ 2500k, browsing in Windows etc, MSN, word.

Soldato
but when you have all previous components i wasnt willing to pay for all new stuff again when i had not long got everything i had if you know what i mean
but u could have sold all your previous components then u would have had enough for a new setup.

also if u had a Phenom II X6 why did u get a FX cpu? the Phenom II X6 is better

Last edited:
Caporegime
but u could have sold all your previous components then u would have had enough for a new setup.

Albeit with a lesser motherboard as AMD motherboard price/performance reign supreme.

That's the only rational upgrade. You'd get less flack if you stuck up your hand and said you made a mistake, instead you make snide comments regarding this forum and lack of liking AMD etc, and how insinuating how we're unhelpful etc (As you did in the thread an FX4 user wanted OC'ing advice).

Last edited:
Associate
sorry if i seemed harsh but just trying to state a point it is what i went for and it was my choice and im happy with it just installed an M4 and it flies with everything as it did with my C300 intels performance may be better but when you have all previous components i wasnt willing to pay for all new stuff again when i had not long got everything i had if you know what i mean

You're going to have to pay out for a new processor sooner in the future as software/games will require more CPU power, whilst you will be able to last longer with the intel processors.

Associate
If your happy with you FX8150 then thats great, nothing better than been happy with your purchase. I love my HD6970, not the greatest card around anymore but a great purchase and runs Sleeping Dogs (A pretty game with high Res DLC) at 125fps. What more can you ask for.

Bit trickynicy you seem very defensive and aggressive about your CPU, to me that shows you are not 100% satisfied with you CPU choice, if you are you're not showing it confidently. Sorry.

Associate
@gareth170 i would but i need a new cooler and at the min the oc setting in the bios is at auto as long as it plays everything fine im not going to touch it.

@DeanV255 yeah i am a bit defensive because i dont want people telling me that i have made the wrong choice, yes i know everyone has an opinion but in every post put on here by users that have purchased a BD it is exactly the same comments getting put on, you should have gone SB/IB it is the persons personal choice they are coming on here to ask for help not to have there rig put down yes SB may perform better in 75% of things but if a person wants so buy a BD let them be or leave feedback that is more constructive than, why did you go for that ask them how it performs on gaming rendering anything like that no telling them it **** ask for there personal experiences

thats my rant happy with what i have said now and i am 100% Happy with my purchase

Associate
@gareth170 i would but i need a new cooler and at the min the oc setting in the bios is at auto as long as it plays everything fine im not going to touch it.

@DeanV255 yeah i am a bit defensive because i dont want people telling me that i have made the wrong choice, yes i know everyone has an opinion but in every post put on here by users that have purchased a BD it is exactly the same comments getting put on, you should have gone SB/IB it is the persons personal choice they are coming on here to ask for help not to have there rig put down yes SB may perform better in 75% of things but if a person wants so buy a BD let them be or leave feedback that is more constructive than, why did you go for that ask them how it performs on gaming rendering anything like that no telling them it **** ask for there personal experiences

thats my rant happy with what i have said now and i am 100% Happy with my purchase

Well don't mistake me for someone just hating but people like bang for buck, the Intel high end offerings in this case are just better. I will not deny it, i recommend anything over the Bulldozer CPU's, be it Phenom II's, Ivy's or Sandy's because they are just better overall CPU's. My best friend Chris upgraded from a Phenom II x6 1075T to the FX-8150 and we tested it at his house in his gaming computer and in about every game we tested the max fps dropped by at least 10fps average in some games like Shogun 2 the fps dropped a full 30fps max, and the lower fps decreased to 25fps average, not very happy that it was been beaten by a older and on paper far far weaker CPU.

So im not saying you got the wrong CPU, the FX8150 will still do high end gaming and media applications, but for my opinion you could have done for better with your money. I think thats why everyone has a stick in the tong about FX chips.

Associate
Not sure how you can say he noticed a downgrade from a 1075T and then say the FX8 can still do high end gaming :p

We did benchmarking with FRAPS, Notepad (for the results) and so on with certain games he plays a lot. He doesn't play Shogun 2 though so the biggest impact was really on a game he didn't play.

In basic sense, we becnhmarked his 1075T, fitted the 8150 in, very eagerly i may add, then ran the same tests for that CPU, then we got the results. Exact same we do for all CPU and GPU upgrades is compare them :)
But it can still do high end gaming, it just doesnt do it as well as his old 1075T, the FPS were still playble, only certain games dropped below the 50fps mark. Whilst the 1075T kept most games above the 50fps mark. So yeah its still able to do high end gaming, just not as good.

Soldato
If your happy with you FX8150 then thats great, nothing better than been happy with your purchase. I love my HD6970, not the greatest card around anymore but a great purchase and runs Sleeping Dogs (A pretty game with high Res DLC) at 125fps. What more can you ask for.

Bit trickynicy you seem very defensive and aggressive about your CPU, to me that shows you are not 100% satisfied with you CPU choice, if you are you're not showing it confidently. Sorry.

You're new here so you'll learn how this works in the CPU and especially the GPU sections.

This stuff is REALLY important and can be said to be directly connected to ego and penis size. People care very deeply about AMD v INTEL, Nvidia v AMD. Best of all, they become 'proud' to be in a certain camp. Some people even become 'offended' by the other camp whose citizens in return becomes offended by his camp.

Then there's the turncoats. A little spotty nerd who swore by AMD his whole life only to renounce his allegiance, buy Intel and spend a lot of important time arguing with 'Billy324', 'BlsckKnite' and 'Seanie18' about why Intel trounces AMD. Now take into account that the improvement in gaming is pretty much ZERO. And gaming is all that's important here.

Fella, I could go on but you get the idea. Soon you'll see too.

Soldato
i think what people are trying to say is there are better cpu's for similar price. maybe u haven't tryed a SB rig so u won't know how much different it feels in performance.

as i said above u could have sold all your previous components then u could have got a new setup.

Caporegime
You're new here so you'll learn how this works in the CPU and especially the GPU sections.

This stuff is REALLY important and can be said to be directly connected to ego and penis size. People care very deeply about AMD v INTEL, Nvidia v AMD. Best of all, they become 'proud' to be in a certain camp. Some people even become 'offended' by the other camp whose citizens in return becomes offended by his camp.

Then there's the turncoats. A little spotty nerd who swore by AMD his whole life only to renounce his allegiance, buy Intel and spend a lot of important time arguing with 'Billy324', 'BlsckKnite' and 'Seanie18' about why Intel trounces AMD. Now take into account that the improvement in gaming is pretty much ZERO. And gaming is all that's important here.

Maybe in GPU's that's the way it works, because I've seen how people go on in there.

But here, it's no where near that at all.
It's crystal clear there's a better CPU and a lesser CPU.

And there is an improvement in gaming, some times a lot. High end GPU solutions are getting bottlenecked left right and centre, so the only option is Intel.

Whereas in GPU's it's pretty much all over 1 FPS, having owned 7970 Crossfire and 680 SLI, used a 660Ti and noticing nothing over a 680 or 7970.

Your posts actually annoyed me, stick to GD.

Last edited:
Associate

I understand, i tend to try and not promote any form of company vs company wars even when my opinion is one other company is consistently better than the other. But people like to have colors, allegiances and a set taste, nothing i can do about that.

I personally play the field and just go for whats best, i must be doing something right though as its never let me down before :)

Back
Top Bottom