• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD confirms Ryzen 7 5800X3D launches this spring, Zen4 Raphael in 2H 2022

Soldato
Associate
The Zen3D single sku is a bit of a meme and frankly forgettable. I'm sure some diehards will get it but outside of very cache happy games like CS:GO, it'll be meh.

Zen 4 is interesting and clearly will start off with DDR5 support which is great. Hopefully DDR5 IC maturity, price and availability is normalized by Q4.

Soldato
Zen3D is like a refresh dont see the issue with it unlike Rocket lake ;) but if you currently have zen 3 cpu wouldnt bother upgrading to it

Soldato
OP
The Zen3D single sku is a bit of a meme and frankly forgettable. I'm sure some diehards will get it but outside of very cache happy games like CS:GO, it'll be meh.

Zen 4 is interesting and clearly will start off with DDR5 support which is great. Hopefully DDR5 IC maturity, price and availability is normalized by Q4.

DDR5 is pretty easy to get already - been loads of stock of Gskill 5600Mhz, 6000Mhz kits in the last few weeks, for MSRP.

Soldato

Lol the amd ces thing just said in a slide it was 2% lower on that game with the 58003d one. :p

Associate
I currently have a 5900X. I am not interested in the 5800X3D, but I would be happy to buy a 5900X3D with 192MB high-speed v-cache if available.
No news about anything like it has been shared in the CES 2022 live stream, but at the Computex last year Lisa Su mentioned it.
Does anyone know if a 5900X3D will reach the market and when ?

Soldato
probs the same time as the 5800x3d, the 5900x3d will come? As i doubt they will only do 1 cpu with it. Could be just like a slight delay from launch i.e say 5800x3d one month then next month or two the other one will be out?

Associate
probs the same time as the 5800x3d, the 5900x3d will come? As i doubt they will only do 1 cpu with it. Could be just like a slight delay from launch i.e say 5800x3d one month then next month or two the other one will be out?

Doubt that they would not mention the other variants at CES if that was the case, but I'm only guessing, let's see...

Soldato
OP
"Spring" 2022 for launch, was hoping we'd see this sooner. Then again AMD say Zen4 is "on track" for 2H 2022 release - though what's on track can easily run later. I think AMD would prefer a solid year between Zen3 refresh and Zen4 launch, not to annoy their own customers etc.

Soldato
"Spring" 2022 for launch, was hoping we'd see this sooner. Then again AMD say Zen4 is "on track" for 2H 2022 release - though what's on track can easily run later. I think AMD would prefer a solid year between Zen3 refresh and Zen4 launch, not to annoy their own customers etc.

Unless the 5800X3D is the only product with vcache on AM4.... want all the goodies ? The go AM5!

Associate
Unless the 5800X3D is the only product with vcache on AM4.... want all the goodies ? The go AM5!

It is looking possible. I suspect Milan-X demand caught them by surprise so they scaled back the desktop ambitions with a single chiplet SKU that has looser binning requirments than the server SKUs so as to not take supply away from the server market.

Soldato

No you weren't hoping to see it sooner, you have no interest in anything AMD does, and don't pretend you do, you've built what, 3 systems in like 5 or 6 years? And one of those was an 11900K which you tired to tell everyone was going to be the best CPU EVARR!!! yet seems to be dumped into a 'media pc' at less than 12 months old.

Zen4 will be launched in Q3-Q4, not sure why Zen3D to Zen4 would annoy their own customers since you need an entire new platform just like you did for the RKL to ADL build, did Intel not annoy you?

Associate
No you weren't hoping to see it sooner, you have no interest in anything AMD does, and don't pretend you do, you've built what, 3 systems in like 5 or 6 years? And one of those was an 11900K which you tired to tell everyone was going to be the best CPU EVARR!!! yet seems to be dumped into a 'media pc' at less than 12 months old.

Zen4 will be launched in Q3-Q4, not sure why Zen3D to Zen4 would annoy their own customers since you need an entire new platform just like you did for the RKL to ADL build, did Intel not annoy you?

I just assume he doesn't have heating in his building and that's why he sticks to Intel :D

Associate

I don't get it either.

Zen 3D is a great option for people who are still on Zen 2k or Zen 3k parts. It gives their AM4 1 last hurrah before they need to switch platform, and a pretty decent one at that. For the people who upgrade to the latest and greatest then I expect them to wait for Zen 4 as they have probably already switched to Alder Lake.

Soldato
Well that was disappointing. I suspect there are problems in terms of cost, yields and cooling if the 5800X3D is the only SKU (Ian Cutress was right). It seems I won't be upgrading my 3900X after all, it's puzzling because the prototype was supposedly based on a 5900X and not a 5800X.

Zen 4 5GHz all core sounds good though, hopefully that will work out in reality unlike this first attempt at Zen 3D (which I hope will greatly improve over time, it has the potential to be an amazing breakthrough if they can fix the problems).

Back
Top Bottom