• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD freesync coming soon, no extra costs.... shocker

Fantastic, we need variable sync on mobiles asap. Thanks nVidia for speeding up the process :)

How would a game look synced at 24Hz?

Would this replace display GRAM for panel self refresh?

I wonder if the new phones like the Nexus 5/G2 can already do it? They have the latest SlimPort compatible GPUs with bleeding edge screens...

...and what about individual pixel refresh for OLED panels, should be easy right?

You have got to laugh, seriously, Nvidia slowly building up a crescendo of Gsync over the months starting with the pendulum.

Then give a select few Nvidia friendly 'yes boss'
4bf757b7500dfdf27e8242cd0e795ba2.jpg

sites to advertise the benefits.

While all the time, DM gets slated for informing it's the usual bump lock in...

Well whadayouknow???

All this Gsync/Freesync is still a gimmick for the gullible high end users, the only difference is some are daft enough to throw cash at it, despite the likes of gibbo and co more or less saying it was a con.

All this Gsync/Freesync is still a gimmick for the gullible high end users, the only difference is some are daft enough to throw cash at it, despite the likes of gibbo and co more or less saying it was a con.

I can't recall Gibbo saying that, all I can remember him saying is that the TN G-Sync panels that will be released first won't be worth it and it'll only be interesting when IPS G-Sync monitors are released.

I can't recall Gibbo saying that, all I can remember him saying is that the TN G-Sync panels that will be released first won't be worth it and it'll only be interesting when IPS G-Sync monitors are released.

Uh huh. I guess it depends on your interpretation of the word con. Gibbo didn't say it was a more or less a con. He said it was expensive and he didn't see the benefits for a TN panel.

i.e. when you're getting rubbish colours on your monitor (my comments)

the firepro apple mac looks awesome, I want one, and not. Custom dual gpu's in there, it is just so, awesome. Round small black metal case, it's so unusual but damn it looks good. I've never said that about anything apple.

Wait, are you talking about the one that looks like a bin? I've heard it has heat issues - reaching 95°C under load apparently, don't have a source at the moment though.

Uh huh. I guess it depends on your interpretation of the word con. Gibbo didn't say it was a more or less a con. He said it was expensive and he didn't see the benefits for a TN panel.

too me it looks jerky and slow on all three, even the G-Sync one.

I am not buying it, spend the £150 you save by buying a regular monitor on a faster GPU, you'll get more benefits.

I need to see this in person on a decent machine, I am talking a PC with like 2x GTX 780 or 2x R290 Pro.

Maybe it's down to my interpretation of his words, but that looked like an 'I'm not wearing it' type of comment, he had quite a few posts early on in the thread including stating that Gsync was only being demo'd running on a 760 iirc-which is along my train of thought, high end gpu's don't need it imo.

Never followed the thread too much but he was generally negative towards Gsync from what I remember.

Wait, are you talking about the one that looks like a bin? I've heard it has heat issues - reaching 95°C under load apparently, don't have a source at the moment though.

It's just so different, yeah, a shiny dark metal rounded mini bin looking thing. I usually hate Apple stuff, hate white phones and the like, and don't really care for small form factors in general but it just looks so ridiculously small for a dual gpu high powered workstation. 95C probably isn't a problem as that is where the gpu's are designed to work, I can't remotely imagine a case like that running well and cool, it's freaking ridiculously small for a workstation, maybe too small... it's very apple in that sense.

EDIT:- might be getting ahead of myself, I keep thinking something new from Apple must have new AMD gpu's but obviously its the last gen firepro's in it(probably). It's a bit form over function which I never usually do, but I'd actually not mind having a case like that sitting on my desk or by a tv.

Last edited:
Maybe it's down to my interpretation of his words, but that looked like an 'I'm not wearing it' type of comment, he had quite a few posts early on in the thread including stating that Gsync was only being demo'd running on a 760 iirc-which is along my train of thought, high end gpu's don't need it imo.

Never followed the thread too much but he was generally negative towards Gsync from what I remember.

But note the part where he says he needs to see it in person - that's the key. All the videos of G-Sync demos don't do it justice apparently, the tech sites and reviewers who have seen it in person say it is an amazing feature (such as Anand, Linus and a few others, IIRC).

It's just so different, yeah, a shiny dark metal rounded mini bin looking thing. I usually hate Apple stuff, hate white phones and the like, and don't really care for small form factors in general but it just looks so ridiculously small for a dual gpu high powered workstation. 95C probably isn't a problem as that is where the gpu's are designed to work, I can't remotely imagine a case like that running well and cool, it's freaking ridiculously small for a workstation, maybe too small... it's very apple in that sense.

EDIT:- might be getting ahead of myself, I keep thinking something new from Apple must have new AMD gpu's but obviously its the last gen firepro's in it(probably). It's a bit form over function which I never usually do, but I'd actually not mind having a case like that sitting on my desk or by a tv.

I can see the appeal for some people and for those who are in the film industry and are used to Apple products, but I just don't really like it personally - plus it's majorly overpriced in my opinion ($3000 I think, and its specs aren't really that great - you can build a much better workstation PC for that price).

I can see the appeal for some people and for those who are in the film industry and are used to Apple products, but I just don't really like it personally - plus it's majorly overpriced in my opinion ($3000 I think, and its specs aren't really that great - you can build a much better workstation PC for that price).

I'm thinking you know, if I win the lottery I'd buy one. I might buy a case like that though if I see one and make a little Kaveri computer.

Back
Top Bottom