• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD freesync coming soon, no extra costs.... shocker

Sorry about this, stitching images together in a rush doesn't work, especially given that the main image is a 1800P while the other at 1080P.

I can't be #### to spend to long on it but you get the picture, clipping was defiantly wrong on my part.

For a true panoramic view you would use a wider angle render, so that you are filling in the sides with more view rather than cutting off the top and bottom to fit the image.

If this is 1920x1080P Its not, (its 3200x1800 but ignore that)

Then this rather poor illustration is 2560x1080P, what you are supposed to see on the sides is the missing parts of the view you get at 1920x1080P

To get it back to 1920x1080P you would clip the sides of the 2560x1080P render

Perhaps the wrong words to use. Hang on mate let me just throw something in photoshop to illustrate what i mean.

You dont need to do anything in photoshop, look up vert - and hor + and itll be clear which uses clipping which is the quick dirty and low fov way of doing it

Your attempt in photoshop just doesnt make any sense as you arent showing a 21:9 image at all, nor clipping

Last edited:
I take it then everyone has lost interest in the debate?

Oh well, it was good while it lasted

Yeah, clipping was deffo the wrong word, but you're right with that illustration, it's all about adding to the left and right sides, losing nothing from a 16:9 image.

For some stuff in a game (Say 16:9 FMV's) then cropping and zooming them on a 21:9 screen would be better to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom