• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD : FreeSync Monitors Shipping in December – Will Cost $100 Less Than Nvidia G-Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You said how did I update I told you by Wifi, cable or USB... Ok on TV you have choice update by internet it will download and flash the firmware. By USB go to Site and download the file put on USB plug into TV go to firmware page and click USB..

Is that what you really wanted to know? Its a bloody file you install, not some sort taking apart the display and installing new hardware.

My God! you ever updated a MB firmware? its just like that.

Why do you keep using other electronic devices as examples? I haven't come across any monitors that require a firmware update or that require said updates. Firmware updates for monitors carried out by users is unheard of and thats the issue. You are making it sound that tv updates and monitor updates are common, when only in tvs it is common.

Caporegime
Why do you keep using other electronic devices as examples? I haven't come across any monitors that require a firmware update or that require said updates. Firmware updates for monitors carried out by users is unheard of and thats the issue. You are making it sound that tv updates and monitor updates are common, when only in tvs it is common.

You get it!

But you're the one with the inability to comprehend, not me. So roll your eyes all you want.

Caporegime
How I feel when I tried to read these posts looking for facts and relevant known information, not just PR guff.

Updating a monitors firmware and updating a TV's firmware is totally different in the majority of cases.

Remember the benq z series that had firmware issues....

http://www.blurbusters.com/benq/diy-firmware-upgrade-for-benq-z-series/

Unless specifically done to allow firmware updates during manufacturing (extra cost and lots of variables depending on features) then doing it on an old monitor is going to be one difficult job for the average user.

You get it too!

Soldato
OP

He asked me how did I update TV... And I agree I have never updated a firmware on a monitor but I willing to bet.. Its not that much different if the display you bought has the updating process software.

Its more known now in TV because TV come with much more then just TV.. Monitors dont yet offer all that. Go back to a standard TV will that allow firmware updating I wouldn't think so, just like a most monitors there just standard viewing.

Soldato
He asked me how did I update TV... And I agree I have never updated a firmware on a monitor but I willing to bet.. Its not that much different if the display you bought has the updating process software.

Its more known now in TV because TV come with much more then just TV.. Monitors dont yet offer all that. Go back to a standard TV will that allow firmware updating I wouldn't think so, just like a most monitors there just standard viewing.

Then why go on and on about tv's.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Shankly you are just trying to make it sound like existing monitor owners will benefit from freesync by just an 'easy firmware upgrade' because your tv can update firmware by many methods.
Is there a list of the freesync monitors being released in December?

Soldato
OP
I'd take a step back from the keyboard.
But you hardly replied before you edited my post as you'd quoted my post.

If yoou must know this is what I was replying to.. "BEFORE!" You edit post

Screenshot%20%28144%29.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom