• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD GO WILD: VEGA 56 THE TRUE DEAL OF THE CENTURY AND IT JUST GOT BETTER!!!

Associate
Purchased cheapest Vega 56 here this morning to replace GTX1080 in my HTPC (must be blower style due to the case I'm using).
Not gaming so much any more so not bothered about loosing performance in some games. The main reason is that Nvidia cards have broken HDR implementation which makes watching HDR movies a nightmare. (terrible colour banding).
We'll see if my 450W PSU can cope with it when undervolted.

Associate
We’re selling 100+ Vega per day and that just OcUK so it’s fair to say demand for AMD has exploded.

Last year demand was crazy due to mining.
This year demand is crazy due to gaming. :)
was thinking of buying the vega 56 pulse but price has gone up?

Associate
Hey guys, I am about to buy either the blower fan RX Vega 56 or the RTX 2060, upgrading from the 1060 which has given me nearly three years excellent service. I really can't make my mind up between these two however, I have a Corsair CXM600 PSU at the moment and think that will be fine for the RTX but I would need to upgrade it for the Vega (unless people think I would be safe with my current PSU?) so it has made me somewhat lean towards the 2060. What do you reckon?

Soldato
Hey guys, I am about to buy either the blower fan RX Vega 56 or the RTX 2060, upgrading from the 1060 which has given me nearly three years excellent service. I really can't make my mind up between these two however, I have a Corsair CXM600 PSU at the moment and think that will be fine for the RTX but I would need to upgrade it for the Vega (unless people think I would be safe with my current PSU?) so it has made me somewhat lean towards the 2060. What do you reckon?

CXM600 will be fine for Vega56 at stock speeds. If you plan to heavily overclock then I'd recommend an upgrade.

Associate

I'm running my MSI Vega 56 on a 500w without any problems, so you should be fine.

Associate
Nice one! I am always a bit wary, I am tempted by the AMD I know some of the benchmarks come out in favour of the 2060 but even though its a blower style that MSI is a cracking deal at £269!

Associate
Nice one! I am always a bit wary, I am tempted by the AMD I know some of the benchmarks come out in favour of the 2060 but even though its a blower style that MSI is a cracking deal at £269!

It's a nice card, and honesty the blower isn't that bad. The free games also makes it really good value compared to Nvidia's offerings.

Associate
It's a nice card, and honesty the blower isn't that bad. The free games also makes it really good value compared to Nvidia's offerings.
Great stuff, I have ordered the card for Saturday delivery it also makes sense as I have a 1440p Freesync monitor. Will be nice to have a AMD card again been years :)

Associate
This is mostly due to them having reference cards at stock voltages. Reduce voltage and play with clock/HBM speeds and you gain 10-15% performance.

My stock pulse benched 19500ish in firestrike, after undervolting and overclocking it gets 24k while being cooler and drawing less power :D

Associate
This is mostly due to them having reference cards at stock voltages. Reduce voltage and play with clock/HBM speeds and you gain 10-15% performance.

My stock pulse benched 19500ish in firestrike, after undervolting and overclocking it gets 24k while being cooler and drawing less power :D
That's crazy, I will have to look into how to do it.

Associate

Do tell us more? :D Ive had a look around on the net but everything seems to be over a year old, reference cards, things change in that time, like drivers etc and some recent settings for the pulse card would be nice. Any help would be much appreciated as ive been out the game for ages, first time i used heaven was yesterday since back when i had an ATI x800xt, talking nearly 15 years ago.

Soldato
For me, AMD now have the superior GUI for their card. It's SO much better now than when they had the Catalyst Control Centre guff. Nvidia's GUI just isn't as good now. That's a huge swing and kudos to AMD for upping their game.

Associate
For me, AMD now have the superior GUI for their card. It's SO much better now than when they had the Catalyst Control Centre guff. Nvidia's GUI just isn't as good now. That's a huge swing and kudos to AMD for upping their game.
Agreed I was watching some videos on Vega undervolting etc and was really surprised at how nice the AMD GUI is now having not used it for years when it was still CCC. Its way better than the Nvidia offering.

Soldato
For anyone awaiting their game codes, I received the following response from AMD Support.

Hello,

There is a slight delay in fulfilling your redemption due to high demand. Your redemption for games will be fulfilled as soon as possible.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your understanding.

Regards
AMD Rewards Support

Have you had any luck yet? Still no update for me, it has been around 10 days or so since I redeemed my code.

Associate
Have you had any luck yet? Still no update for me, it has been around 10 days or so since I redeemed my code.

I redeemed mine on the 26th, and still nothing. I've now sent them a query, but the auto response says it could be a week before they even respond!

If they're going to do promotions like this in the future, then they need to make sure they actually have the keys to issue beforehand, not days or even weeks later. RE2 has been out since January, just to put that into perspective!

Back
Top Bottom