• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD IQ Vs Nvidia IQ - shenanigans or something else?

Caporegime
OP
Chaps, give it time to switch to 60fps 1080P before watching please.

I have also recorded a 'Prefer max quality' run as well and will compare that with the default 'let the 3D application decide' run (the one in this posts video.

Again, nothing has been touched from either (not even the colours on the AMD side of things.

DDU - Instaled AMD Drivers, recorded with Raptr
DDU - installed Nvidia drivers, recorded with ShadowPlay
Nothing changed anywhere - Recorded with 30mbs and 1080P on both and set for 60 fps recording.

Caporegime
OP
Something is defo up Greg, Its seem AF just isn't working on the TX if you watch the white line while you walk along you can see it render in has you move along..

Am sure based on other users not having this that something, somewhere on your PC is bugging out.

The next vid I post will be comparing the default profile that is being shown in that video with 'prefer max quality' I personally don't have a clue but I am sick to death of doing this run :D

Caporegime
OP
I bet you are mate.. Can I say maybe be faster and easier if you just screenshot raw from in game console. Get yourself a spot that you can get into easy enough each time and screenshot.. It will show much high res and save you time.

Sure. I will do it now. I forgot to grab one from the Fury but sure someone else can match my image.

Caporegime
OP
Well, I can only show what is what and that is it. Done for me now and no more BF4 runs :D I will be using "prefer max quality" for the rest of my recordings on Nvidia. Thanks for the deep dissecting guys and I learnt something tonight.

Caporegime
OP
For games like BF4, COD, you would want the maximum frames, so I imagine this is why the profile is edging towards performance over quality. I will do some further testing on other games when I am off work next but I am glad the quality was better with GVR and ShadowPlay :D

Caporegime
OP
I feel if you lean one way or another you can swing this to your advantage in an argument but personally, I will be using prefer Max quality in my reviews.

I am now going to test both out on Dirt rally and see what is what.

Caporegime
OP
So is the consensus that max quality in the NVCP is worth it but gives a performance hit?

I will do some more investigating but it is game dependent. I think it is a good move by Nvidia personally as you would want the highest possible frames in games like BF4 and then for something like Tomb Raider, you would want the better quality.

Caporegime
OP
I don't understand this response.
Is Therealdeal not allowed to disagree (Surely that's his opinion)?

When his opinion tells me my opinion is wrong, then no point carrying on. He is welcome to his opinion of course but I have no wish to get into a long drawn out debate - especially when I have loads to do today, so I will leave it there. Saves any grief as well.

Which setting is this exactly?

I see nothing that refers to "Prefer max quality"

Is it the Texture Filtering setting?

open up the Nvidia control panel/adjust image settings with preview and it is there.

Caporegime
OP
Yea I'd be in the camp of wanting default to not do any optimisations. Hopefully this is just a bug at Gregsters end.

It could well be a bug. I would like someone else to clean install drivers (use DDU first) and fire up BF4 and see if it has set the same as what mine did. I have been swapping cards and drivers about, something could be up.

Caporegime
OP
Can you also see, what happens at driver default please? I know its adding in more runs lol
That GTA 5 run is very close, hard to tell in the IQ department a lot image is missing. But Frame rate seemed very close.

Can you find away of putting the games full image side by side and not have it cut off?

I will certainly do that but not today Shanks. I am off from next Saturday for a week and will do a couple of comparison vids with the ones I have now or even screenshots.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah in your free time :D must be doing your head in by now haaa

Actually I am enjoying it but swapping about here and there will end up with me making mistakes, so would rather stick to a set routine to keep me on track. I don't multitask well :D

Also worth noting is Windows 10 - I will be re-doing these when I switch over on the 28th of this month, so things could well swing in the favour of the fury :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Great thread, Thank you very much for all the time and effort you've put in greg.

One thing I would say, is that with the default setting being "Let the 3D application decide" doesn't that put the onus on the developer of the game rather than NVidia ?

Thanks Bru and I think it comes down to what Nvidia set in the profile, so the onus is on Nvdia. At least I learned something new as well.

Back
Top Bottom