• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD IQ Vs Nvidia IQ - shenanigans or something else?

Associate
It seems that no matter what Greg does he can't win around here. From glancing at the other thread it seems all he was doing was comparing the TX with the FURY X, it wasn't even him who picked up on the difference in IQ.

Personally i don't think there's anything shady going on here and there's most likely a simple explanation for it.

Caporegime
OP
I don't think you have missed anything out, I also think you have been very professional in your review.

More of the same please.:)

Thanks Kaap :)

It seems that no matter what Greg does he can't win around here. From glancing at the other thread it seems all he was doing was comparing the TX with the FURY X, it wasn't even him who picked up on the difference in IQ.

Personally i don't think there's anything shady going on here and there's most likely a simple explanation for it.

Spot on. I made this thread to stop the owners thread going off topic and I did say I don't mind the discussion but I did make the video to show performance and nothing more and nothing less.

Anyways, enough of that and time to do some Titan X recording with SP :)

Soldato
Just going to post again. But did you refresh your game settings between card swaps greg? was wondering if it could be a game issue in that regards which caused the TX issues.

Associate
Why is it we can't stay on topic and actually discuss the IQ from both sides hmmm? Why is it instead of discussing what might be causing these differences a lot of people have decided to rubbish Greg's videos?

If Greg has missed something out, not thought to check/do something be helpful and suggest something. Don't just say how rubbish it is because a) nothing is learned b) it's not the case c) you're just being a d***.

If AMD have colour issues, it'd be interesting to know. If Nvidia have LoD issues it'd be interesting to know. And if neither hold true and something wonky is going on with Gregs PC, I'm sure he'd be interested to know!

Thank you Greg for taking the time to do these videos.

Soldato
At least Greg has bothered to try and debunk it rather than aimlessly going in circles speculating probable cause. Personally I don't think there's much worth looking in to here, but there aren't many end users with both GPU. On Sunday I will attempt to capture screenshots at 4K in various games in different scenarios and see if there's anything of note with fidelity.

Uncompressed screen grabs should show any differences if there are any. Image fidelity can be directly manipulated through driver presets. For example texture filtering quality if predetermined at it's default maybe very marginally disimilar to the other vendors. LOD parameters may also be swayed in either direction. I think both parties have learnt from age old mistakes in compromising IQ for performance, and it's certainly a lot easier to pick these things up now than it was 5 or 10 years ago. If it wasn't, then things like overwriting tessfactors and geometry which is a direct result of manipulating source code would be done far more often without user intervention. This is applicable to all aspects of the PC industry, people are not as easily lead.

Soldato
Is there another game that could be used for testing that has a benchmark in it?
Would make it easier to compare and get screenshots in the same place.

Or is it just BF4 that this happens in?
If not it might be interesting to see if/how different games are affected.

You're not busy or anything this weekend are you Greg? :D

Man of Honour
At least Greg has bothered to try and debunk it rather than aimlessly going in circles speculating probable cause. Personally I don't think there's much worth looking in to here, but there aren't many end users with both GPU. On Sunday I will attempt to capture screenshots at 4K in various games in different scenarios and see if there's anything of note with fidelity.

Uncompressed screen grabs should show any differences if there are any. Image fidelity can be directly manipulated through driver presets. For example texture filtering quality if predetermined at it's default maybe very marginally disimilar to the other vendors. LOD parameters may also be swayed in either direction. I think both parties have learnt from age old mistakes in compromising IQ for performance, and it's certainly a lot easier to pick these things up now than it was 5 or 10 years ago. If it wasn't, then things like overwriting tessfactors and geometry which is a direct result of manipulating source code would be done far more often without user intervention. This is applicable to all aspects of the PC industry, people are not as easily lead.

Good post

Always keep an open mind.:)

Caporegime
OP
Right, recording is done and now rendering. I am sure someone will pick fault with it but I have had a good day and I have tomorrow off, so go for it :D

It will take about 20 mins to encode and 10 mins to upload. I use a double pass and a few other settings for my high quality vids and it will be 60 fps, so should be easier to see if there is anything amiss. I forgot to take screenshots (sorry) but can do again if people want.

Back
Top Bottom