• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD IQ Vs Nvidia IQ - shenanigans or something else?

Caporegime
Another thing about the TitanX owners is a number of us have been open minded enough to try the Fury X and most of us like the new card.

Gregster has done a really nice review, it is an unbiased open minded and honest piece of work. Maybe you could watch the video if you have not done so already or better still go out and buy a Fury X and give it a go for yourself.

Him buy an amd card? LOL This is the same person who refuses to buy certain games because of amd involvement in them.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hang on a minute though, AMD are the ones who have both developed the card and produced the drivers. Performance should be there now, with minor tweaks to come.

It often takes time with new cards to get the most out of the drivers, AMD went through this with the Tahiti cards and NVidia was the same with the Kepler cards and that was using old fashioned GDDR5 !!!!

Associate
I get that, but given the potential of HBM I would have thought they would have put more effort in especially if people are expecting huge gains going forward from new drivers.

Soldato
Another thing about the TitanX owners is a number of us have been open minded
enough to try the Fury X and most of us like the new card.

Nicely put Kaapitan :)

Fiji is like a banana. It's just been plucked from a tree and it's still green.
In time it'll ripen (drivers) and will make a meal of anything.

I'll quote this for future reference.:p

Caporegime
+1

Looking for a least 1.45x faster than a 290X clock for clock once the technology has settled down.:)

+1.

It should, it has 45% more Shaders and about 70% more memory bandwidth yet at the moment it seems to be struggling to get 30% past a similar clocked Hawaii.

There is a lot of performance missing from the architecture.

I think AMD are putting a lot of effort into Win 10 Drivers, Win 8.1 has taken a bit of a redundant position and thats fine, for Gamers Win 8.1 is about to become redunadnt.

In time and probably not much time i think it may grow very well into Win 10.

Caporegime
I'll let my screenshots talk for themselves.

http://imgur.com/a/PANZ3#2

Waste of time mate, I've seen about 10 such posts across various forums now and if it were a real issue the top media outlets would have been all over it by now.

AMD users will cling to Gregster's video because it's all they have to promote Fury over 980Ti regardless of it being an obvious issue (intentional or not) at Gregster's end, he's had some fantastic publicity thanks to the desperation of shankly etc spamming it everywhere and he'd look stupid to admit to a testing fault now, especially considering the basic ones he's already had to admit and the obvious black crush on Fury's side that I've been pointing out and that AMD users don't want to talk about (which is probably another fault at Gregster's end as well).

Last edited:
Permabanned
The only real difference I see between the two videos is contrast... which would be nullified by calibrating your monitor to your graphics card, whichever gpu you have. Or can be done in control panel...

I don't see any other differences in IQ, other than the TX framerate appearing to be more stable.

Caporegime
Good to see that you are not long back and already back to your old ways.... Must surely be on your last strike by now?

Phix, you not got any screenshots showing the spot which we have been looking at/analysing?

http://i.imgur.com/vG2RNKo.jpg

edit:

Well the "black crush" isn't an issue with the 290 with 15.5 beta drivers (using 50% brightness in game):

XWYVip1h.png.jpg
Anyone with a fury x able to take a screenshot of that area?

Again, I am pretty sure it will be down to a setting in CCC under pixel format, desktop colour management or/and in game brightness (gamma), I can achieve the exact same result by lowering the in game brightness or gamma in CCC.

EDIT:

And once again, like I said earlier, chances are it is something on Greg's end and with untouched screenshots, there is likely to be no difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
The only real difference I see between the two videos is contrast... which would be nullified by calibrating your monitor to your graphics card, whichever gpu you have. Or can be done in control panel...

I don't see any other differences in IQ, other than the TX framerate appearing to be more stable.

Capture cards gather straight from the GPU don't they, or do they capture from the monitor instead some how?

Caporegime
In bf4, the pic I posted looks pretty similar to shanklys on a 290, (iirc that's what he owns). Both are much clearer than the screen captures from Gregs video on tx and fx. But that's pics from a video. My old pics from last year look worse than my latest.

Permabanned
Capture cards gather straight from the GPU don't they, or do they capture from the monitor instead some how?

They would capture from the GPU output... not from the monitor.

Hence saying the difference in default contrast output settings of the GPU/GPU-software would be nullified by calibrating your monitor to your GPU, as anyone with a new GPU should do :confused:

These settings can be altered both in the GPU's control panels or in the monitor itself... so what I am saying, is that the only difference I can see in the two videos is default configuration settings being different... both of which are fully customisable by the user.

I expect both able to show the exact same image with a little adjustment in the control panels...

Consider the capture card as the output you would see on a monitor... so "connecting" to a capture card is the same as connecting to a monitor.

Good to see that you are not long back and already back to your old ways.... Must surely be on your last strike by now?

Who is that targeted at, me???

Caporegime
No not you, we posted at the same time so the poster before your post so nvidia's spokesperson known as mmj.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Waste of time mate, I've seen about 10 such posts across various forums now and if it were a real issue the top media outlets would have been all over it by now.

AMD users will cling to Gregster's video because it's all they have to promote Fury over 980Ti regardless of it being an obvious issue (intentional or not) at Gregster's end, he's had some fantastic publicity thanks to the desperation of shankly etc spamming it everywhere and he'd look stupid to admit to a testing fault now, especially considering the basic ones he's already had to admit and the obvious black crush on Fury's side that I've been pointing out and that AMD users don't want to talk about (which is probably another fault at Gregster's end as well).

Getting a bit bored of this now. You seem to be quite bitter about my video that was made to show a TX Vs a Fury X. Do you own either? What testing have you done? Show me your vids and I will dissect them.

I am not a professional and just a hobbyist so get off my back please.

Associate
A shot in the dark but could this be the the fault of the TEXTURE FILTERING -QUALITY option in the nvidia control panel? Either in the global or bf 4 profile? I say this because when you remove an nvidia card and reinstall it, i seem to remember that the setting defaults to the quality preset (rather than the High Quality preset).Maybe worth a look....

On the subject of the NVCP,anyone else think it seems to be getting slower and slower to respond when you first open it.Looks like your system is hanging sometimes :(

Back
Top Bottom