AMD #KillRoy BF4 Event! Play With Roy Taylor and Matt Buck from AMD for a chance to win an R9-295X2!

Associate
Please don't take this the wrong way, but, tonight was pretty disappointing.

1st game - the password was posted and I couldn't see it. Turns out, it was posted in a separate area on Teamspeak. I wasn't the only one who missed out due to that, too.

2nd game - I got it and started loading, but, the game disconnected before I got in. Needless to say, I couldn't get back in. I tried other BF4 servers and played fine, so, not sure what to make of that.

3rd game - Again, I entered the password and it was loading. But, Origin decided to stop me. I reloaded Origin, but it was too late.

*Wait a mo...*

Well, I got into the 4th game! So, I guess that's something. Still, tonight has been rather testing. But, oh well, I guess one of four isn't bad.

Anyway, here's my point - While I never say anything bad about BF4 (I haven't had a bad time with it)... In the future, could OCUK/AMD use more stable games for their competition? Otherwise, it's been a great competition and it's very generous of AMD. So, thank you :) Plus, peeps who were in the Teamspeak seemed very nice! Good vibe, all-round!

Associate
Yeah was good fun. Thanks for hosting the event.

Was kicking myself when i heard no one got to knife the amd guys on last round on locker because i managed to flank the whole team and came across some guy with his back to me laying down between the metal detector things,
So i opened fire like a noob and it turned out to be Roy :D I blame the beer!

fTqsWjH.jpg

Soldato
I missed Lockers and the knife fest! :(
Anyone got some more vids?

Edit: Also for those who missed the final scores, could someone post them please? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
My BF4 normally plays absolutely fine. But at this event I was getting a lot of lag even though my ping always seemed to be below 25ms.

Did anyone else have this? - Or is it something on my end.

Soldato
Thank you everyone for the grats, I don't usually have that much luck but presumably collecting Roy's tagz helped :) (I told you guys they are more valuable than Lvlcap's :D )

This was a great event and thumbs up to OcUK and AMD guys, the organisation was very hard for them and I am not surprised bearing in mind 80 (crazy) ppl on TS and a 62 slot server, so that manic moment when the pass for the server was posted and waiting to see if you are joining or are in a queue was hard for some.

Special shout out for OcUK BF4 clan for #rekting absolutly everyone (nexus, yes you and your mad classical tunes!!)

My BF4 normally plays absolutely fine. But at this event I was getting a lot of lag even though my ping always seemed to be below 25ms.

Did anyone else have this? - Or is it something on my end.

It was not ping, maybe it was fps ? possibly ? I had similar moments on zavod.

Soldato
Well done Smrtka!

The server did lag a bit here and there, but it wasn't unplayable. OcUK and AMD did a very good job considering.

I think we need an official server!

Soldato
Well done Smrtka!

The server did lag a bit here and there, but it wasn't unplayable. OcUK and AMD did a very good job considering.

I think we need an official server!

The problems wasn't down to OCUK or AMD at all and they did a very good job. The villain here is Multiplay who host crap servers.

Caporegime
I also found the server a bit laggy especially the hainan round, I thought it was just my connection (again) though :p

I didn't get into the first round due to password stuff (in a queue of like 18 people lol....), got into the second but half way through (due to password being posted in the locked TS channel), played all matches from then on though.

Personally I think 600 tickets was too little, 800 would have been better imo.

These forums host some of the best players in the UK and EU imo (none tryhards). Most are of them are hovering around the top of leader-boards, good to see :D

I think DG and his mortar are the most impressive! 1st/2nd in the world.... :D

Thank you everyone for the grats, I don't usually have that much luck but presumably collecting Roy's tagz helped :) (I told you guys they are more valuable than Lvlcap's :D )

This was a great event and thumbs up to OcUK and AMD guys, the organisation was very hard for them and I am not surprised bearing in mind 80 (crazy) ppl on TS and a 62 slot server, so that manic moment when the pass for the server was posted and waiting to see if you are joining or are in a queue was hard for some.

Special shout out for OcUK BF4 clan for #rekting absolutly everyone (nexus, yes you and your mad classical tunes!!)

BAN THIS GUY NOW PLEASE

I kid :p

Gratz! Hope you get much enjoyment from that beast, you won it just in time too ;)

oW5TNYH.jpg
Glad you liked my tunes! :D

hehe, you should come play with us on normal nights and experience true and proper server killing

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27035483&postcount=13495

And on that note, for all newcomers and current members, myself and a group of about 5-10 people play BF 4 most nights (8PM-10.30PM) on a different TS so feel free to join us:

TS details

Join the BF 4 PC OCUK platoon (leave your BL name in this thread or message myself (NEXUS-BOT) or another leader/founder on BL

Last edited:
Caporegime

Agreed, Multiplay servers are not the most reliable!

Thanks for posting the twitch feed Smrtka, I'm going to enjoy watching those rounds again :)

Thanks for posting the live stream. This was from Marks and Roys perspective. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get the 2nd live stream from Paul (Iamapropos) our us friend from pcper/fragging frogs and Red Team Plus member. He spent the whole time following me so it should be cool to see both perspectives. I will add it to this thread when he gets back to me. On Lockers i did pretty well. :cool:

EDIT

Actually don't think that is possible as Paul had his channel hosting the OcuK stream.

OcUK cannot into password protectings, I was the only one guessing it on the 1st round:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQAI3761h0Q

Huehuehue.

The first password may have been a bit too obvious lol. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom