• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Double up 5700 XT is greater than Turing +20% IPC, and that's before you factor in the RDNA 2 improvements. In terms of raw performance, I think RDNA 2 and Ampere are going to be pretty close for a change. As for ray tracing, who nows. 4x RT performance on Ampere brings it up to usable across the stack, but AMD said they were only releasing RT capability once they could offer it across the entire product stack.

I think we're in for a pretty tight battle this generation.
I refuse to get my hopes up.

Soldato
Is it? I had no idea a 5700 xt was pcie4 somehow that one escaped me

It doesn't even matter. There is zero performance difference between using a 5700xt on a pcie4 board and a pcie3 board.
That card isn't nearly fast enough to get any benefit from pcie4.

We'd need something at least twice as fast as a 5700xt to start to see any benefit to pcie4 lanes

Associate
If the rumours in the NVIDIA thread is anything to go by, I don't think big navi is going to compete at the top end, certainly not with 3080ti. Ampere with 4x RT performance with 20% IPC increase and crazy die size NVIDIA can achieve with their architecture just don't see big navi as being enough, hope I am wrong.

I can't see Ampere hitting 4x RTX performance in a million years. Maybe 4x in ray tracing, that's plausible.

I think Big Navi with a 5700xt x2 on 5nm depending how it scales could be faster than a 3080ti. Pure speculation ofcourse.

Associate
its in Nvidia's interest to have people believe RTX = ray tracing = must buy Nvidia

wasn't Turing supposed to be x10 faster than Pascal without spelling out the niche case in which that might be true when in reality it basically translated to 'a load of nonsense and waffle'

Soldato
I can't see Ampere hitting 4x RTX performance in a million years. Maybe 4x in ray tracing, that's plausible.

That's what he said, 4x Ray Tracing.

4x RayvTracing would basically just mean that the raster performance is the same with rayvtracing on or off

the 2080ti is already 6x the 1080ti in ray tracing, another 4x on the 2080ti would mean the 3080ti can push 24x the 1080ti'a BVH calculation capabilities

All these numbers sound a bit like marketing gibberish though - the only important take away is that there is no performance hit to turning RT on (Or so says thy rumours)

If you do like numbers though here is another totally useless one. Nvidia said to match the 2080ti RT performance an Nvidia card without fixed function hardware would need 50tflops of compute performance. Therefore if the 3080ti rumour is true, a card with no RT cores would need 200 Tflops of compute to match it

Last edited:
Soldato
its in Nvidia's interest to have people believe RTX = ray tracing = must buy Nvidia

wasn't Turing supposed to be x10 faster than Pascal without spelling out the niche case in which that might be true when in reality it basically translated to 'a load of nonsense and waffle'

The 2080ti has 6x the BVH capability of the 1080ti, not 10x

Associate

RT is a legitimate jump in picture quality. This is a good thing. Not a gimmick. If they can make it viable in just 2 generations, that's actually incredible.

Soldato
Ubisoft has always been committed to exploring new technologies, taking advantage of the capabilities of new consoles to deliver the most immersive experience possible, which is why we are excited to be collaborating with Microsoft to bring Assassin's Creed Valhalla to the Xbox Series X ".

"Currently, we can guarantee that Assassin's Creed Valhalla will run at least 30 FPS. Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit from faster loading times, allowing players to immerse themselves in history and the world without friction. Finally, Assassin's Creed Valhalla will benefit of improved graphics made possible by the Xbox Series X, and we can't wait to see the beautiful world we're creating in stunning 4K resolution. "

"We will have a lot more to show you about Assassin's Creed Valhalla in the near future, so stay tuned for more information soon!"

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7243...at-4k-30fps-minimum-on-xbox-series/index.html

This for me is prime internet jump on the bandwagon before its even been shown or confirmed. At least doesn't mean a 30fps cap they are stating a fact it will not drop below 30fps at 4k on settings and quality we still have not seen mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom