• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Rumor:
LOL, and AMD is already working on Navi4x.
So, the rumor must be true that they already tapped out RDNA 3 at 5nm.

Edit:
It's called Nav41 not Navi4x. I have no idea what that is but its said that it's not tapped out yet.
My first thought it's CDNA. But it's not clear yet.

There is another sku for Navi2x called Navi 24. But it looks like a late 2021 release

Last edited:
Associate
AMD is also working on Zen5, this doesn't mean anything. Of course you work on future architectures.
Actually Komachi mentioning that N24 didn't even tapeout yet, means pretty sure that RDNA3 also didn't tapeout. Last Navi 2x parts will tapeout before first N3x gpus. Otherwise N24 would make no sense. They would bring N34 directly.

Soldato
AMD is also working on Zen5, this doesn't mean anything. Of course you work on future architectures.
Actually Komachi mentioning that N24 didn't even tapeout yet, means pretty sure that RDNA3 also didn't tapeout. Last Navi 2x parts will tapeout before first N3x gpus. Otherwise N24 would make no sense. They would bring N34 directly.
What I am hearing is that this Navi 24 is a late release which is why is not taped out yet.
I can only say that I've read rumors that Navi 3x was already taped out. Then I read it was on 5nm. AMD is rumored to be transitioning all their nextgen skus, after this release 4th quarter, both cpu and gpu to 5nm.

Last edited:
Soldato

What I am hearing is that this Navi 24 is a late release which is why is not taped out yet.
I can only say that I've read rumors that Navi 3x was already taped out. Then I read it was on 5nm. AMD is rumored to be transitioning all their nextgen skus, after this release 4th quarter, both cpu and gpu to 5nm.

I don't use RGT but I stumbled upon it regarding his news today regarding RDNA 3 (chiplet):

I’ve recently covered on youtube from another leaker that RDNA 3 has been internally tested within AMD and the leaker called the GPU a ‘Revolution’. Further, he added that you can think “Zen 2” with RDNA 2. Adding to this that it’s on an advanced node.

Soldato
Lol we all know where Radeon hype leads.

ggnCh8M.jpg

Keep spreading things like this, Nvidia's mindshare will grow. Then even if they make a good card, for a good price, that doesn't have major driver issues (long shot I know) people will still buy an inferior Nvidia card for a higher price.

The ones laughing will be Nvidia, when average joe can only afford a 4060 for £500.

Average joe will not fair well. Only the well off, or those happy to go into debt for video games, will be able to afford 4080's for £1000 or 4080ti's for £2500. See who's the clown then!

Soldato
Keep spreading things like this, Nvidia's mindshare will grow. Then even if they make a good card, for a good price, that doesn't have major driver issues (long shot I know) people will still buy an inferior Nvidia card for a higher price.

The ones laughing will be Nvidia, when average joe can only afford a 4060 for £500.

Average joe will not fair well. Only the well off, or those happy to go into debt for video games, will be able to afford 4080's for £1000 or 4080ti's for £2500. See who's the clown then!
Well said.
But it really is about the ole saying, cut your nose off to spite your face. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom