• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD prepares 12 core 24 Thread 5.1Ghz Mainstream CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
AMD is preparing for a big CPU launch in early 2018 with an event being held before CES 2018 in the first week of January where we'll see the company detail Ryzen Mobile (which has already launched). But it looks like we might see the tease of the company's next-gen Ryzen 2 family of CPUs.

Read more:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60100/amds-new-ryzen-7-2800x-teased-12c-24t-up-5-1ghz/index.html

I don't care about the insane amount of cores, although that is awesome its the clock speeds that i'm interested in, no doubt the IPC will also be a little higher so for the money something like the Ryzen 2600 will be an 8700K killer.

Nice :)

Wa06s_Ip.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that would be comically kicking the bar into orbit and once again crush intels price plans which were forced to change with Ryzen and TR and Epyc.

I see no downside if this is true.

*I see many replies suggesting it is a fabrication.

Soldato
that's mighty damn impressive if true. I hope it is and I can drop one of those into my x370 board!

be funny when intels 1st response will be to up the tdp on their current line up and market them as 5.6ghz chips and all the fanboys go 'but intel has moar ghz so it's still the bestest ever!'

Soldato
Really interested in this as the 2800x is breaking the 5.0Ghz barrier with 12 cores at a tremendous price point. I take it the two values are base/boost, so we can expect in the region of 5.5Ghz with an overclock?

Soldato
Really interested in this as the 2800x is breaking the 5.0Ghz barrier with 12 cores at a tremendous price point. I take it the two values are base/boost, so we can expect in the region of 5.5Ghz with an overclock?
If it's true then yea base and boost (though no idea if it's an all core boost) with maybe a few hz more on oc if the same as Ryzen '1'

Soldato
Eh... I'm revoking all confidence in this news as soon as I saw the slide.

Terms used, dates mentioned, prices...

As fake as the fantasy of ninjas.

Soldato
It would be nice but does seem a big jump in performance. As a minimum though we're going to see a lot more competition in this space in the next few years. My next upgrade is going to be huge!

Associate
I feel like I can almost believe this.

I'd already heard rumours of threadripper going to 24c, and epyc to 48c. Ryzen 2 being a 12c module makes sense.

It's a die shrink to 12nm, which should give them room to clock higher to catch up with Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom