• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Associate
I've got a MSI R9 290 and i keep having the atikmdag.sys blue screens. I've installed afterburner beta so i could up the voltage which seems to have helped in reducing the crashes. Any other ideas?

Soldato
I've got a MSI R9 290 and i keep having the atikmdag.sys blue screens. I've installed afterburner beta so i could up the voltage which seems to have helped in reducing the crashes. Any other ideas?

Running two here windows 8.1 14.4 working fine. Bsod can be other hardware issue I would give ram a test to rule that out.

Associate
I have the black screen on 14.4. After the reboot during installation it shows the windows logo, then the welcome screen and then it's just black. I can hear system sounds in the background so the rest of it seems to be running ok.

I have tried it with a custom install with just the driver and CCC and it just keeps doing the same thing.

It all works fine in 13.12 so I'm back there for now. I'm going to try a mobo bios/uefi and intel drivers upgrade tonight just in case.

Associate
They were stock but the issue was worse then. I'll try re doing the RAM test but everything was fine before i added the gpu. I was running a xfx 6770 before which was fine. I'm running a Phenom 965 BE with 16GB corsair 1600 mhz ram

Associate
Don't have any other systems available to swap it over with as my work pc is too small and the pc i built my other half is watercooled prodigy. Was wondering maybe my psu is getting knackered. Its some 900 watt thing i bought in 2007.

Soldato
I flashed my card with a reference OC bios to make the fan profile nicer and to have my memory at 1250 by default.
It works well except on the auto fan profile the fan speeds up slightly until the card hits 70C, then the fan starts slowing down :confused:
Anyone got any ideas?

Caporegime
I flashed my card with a reference OC bios to make the fan profile nicer and to have my memory at 1250 by default.
It works well except on the auto fan profile the fan speeds up slightly until the card hits 70C, then the fan starts slowing down :confused:
Anyone got any ideas?

Probably because its looking for a temp target/fan target option which is not available in overdrive, or is it? If not you may just need to set a manual fan profile with afterburner like the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom