• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
You got unlucky there then boys. I can go up to 1450Mhz at +0mv. Not tried further, but i imagine 1500 will be possible. That's on both my cards.

I think it was you who were lucky :p I've not seen many Elpida cards hit those clocks at stock volts. My friend's 290X couldn't get 1300Mhz.

Caporegime
I think it was you who were lucky :p I've not seen many Elpida cards hit those clocks at stock volts. My friend's 290X couldn't get 1300Mhz.

Maybe. I will do some testing tonight/tomorrow and see the highest i can get the memory at +0mv stable. I'd guess somewhere between 1450/1550 on both cards.

Caporegime
This is the max both cards will do at +0mv. This is OCCT stable so its stable in everything. 1450 Mhz on the memory causing 2d screen flickering, and 1125 Mhz on the core causes errors in OCCT (artifacts in games). So 1100/1425 Mhz is the max stable at stock voltages on both cards. :)

A14Obiq.jpg

Soldato
I can just about make it through a run of Valley with no artifacts at 1050 core at +0mv tis not fair really

I know, I considered getting more 290s to see if they clocked better, especially after the custom cooled cards came out with better VRAM. I was hoping they'd have better cores too.
Also considered getting a couple 290Xs when they were on offer.

In the end I figured they only have to last me until the next gen top end cards are released so it's not worth it.

Associate
I know, I considered getting more 290s to see if they clocked better, especially after the custom cooled cards came out with better VRAM. I was hoping they'd have better cores too.
Also considered getting a couple 290Xs when they were on offer.

In the end I figured they only have to last me until the next gen top end cards are released so it's not worth it.

Thinks thats what annoys me the most. My memory in AB can be clocked to its max without any extra volts

Soldato
Got bored, so went and played with the 290.
Runs firestrike @1100 with +0mv though artifacts a bit. So i guess that puts me into the small group that can't run 1100 without voltage bump :o

Back
Top Bottom