• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Caporegime
You can't ever stop that, my HAF has Dust Filters, it still gets in.

You can improve it though with Carbide 540 DMC Flex filter set. £80 though. I just can't contemplate spending that much on filters. Spent £43 on the 600T set and they were the best filters ive used, but even that seemed a rip off lol.

Caporegime
You can improve it though with Carbide 540 DMC Flex filter set. £80 though. I just can't contemplate spending that much on filters. Spent £43 on the 600T set and they were the best filters ive used, but even that seemed a rip off lol.

So they gave you the crappy filters as standard with better filters available for an extra £80.... nice :rolleyes:

That case is not cheap as it is.

The HAF has a plastic mesh just behind the intake grill, nylon mesh for the PSU and bays.

They don't let anything in through the sides, or gaps... but its not fine enough, so it still allows small dust particle through the filter, that accumulates after a while.

I have been looking at these to stick to the inside back of the mesh infront of the intake fan to add that extra layer of filtering.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-021-DF

Soldato

£80 Quid for filters.... :eek::eek:

I wonder if you buy filters which you cut to size for less? (I have no idea whether you can just thinking).

Caporegime
£80 Quid for filters.... :eek::eek:

I wonder if you buy filters which you cut to size for less? (I have no idea whether you can just thinking).

They're £65 on OcuK, just checked. Must have come down a bit from when i last looked. Still too expensive though. I really only want the front filter. I looked on demcifilter website and i can get the front filter only shipped from the states for $33.72 = £20 or thereabouts.

Soldato
One of my cards is really, really awful.
It flickers at the desktop if I set the volts to -12mV at 1250Mhz on the memory. If I set it to -20mV it blackscreens :o
It can't even hit 1300Mhz on the memory. I always heard Hynix was better, but apparently not :p

Caporegime
One of my cards is really, really awful.
It flickers at the desktop if I set the volts to -12mV at 1250Mhz on the memory. If I set it to -20mV it blackscreens :o

It may be best to have the best one in the first slot, as that will be the one responsible for the display. What bios revision do your cards have? Might be worth trying a newer revision. My cards are using...

7rc.png

Caporegime
Yeah I'm going to put the best one as the first card, as I can't run downvolted with this one as the primary card.
290gpuz_zps059dac54.jpg

I think mine might be similar. I think my current main card flickers any lower than -0.044v. Its a shame as it appears stable in games at -0.062v. I might have to try swapping mine round as well to see if my other one can go lower. I suspect it might. You're on a older bios for sure. Still i doubt changing it will do anything tbh, aside from the small clock bump.

Caporegime
The fact that it flickers at just -0.012v makes me question the stability of the card. I'll run heaven on just the one card for a while.

Use OCCT and copy these settings. If it passes this with no errors you can be sure the core is stable. :)

I7V7V05.jpg

OCCT detects tiny artifacts that would otherwise be hard to see whilst watching a short benchmark sequence or whist normal gaming.

Caporegime
Is OCCT safe to use on these cards? :p
I remember it getting my 6990 very, very hot...

Yeah my cards never go over 50% usage. It may be different for single card, not tested. It does not draw a lot of power for me, i guess AMD have limited it somewhat. Still picks up an unstable core overclock better than i can manage though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom