• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Mobster
Soldato
I have the MSI R9 290 and i'm so disappointed by this card :( . I can't enjoy Downsampling, TXAA, HBAO+ and Physx (OMG physix is so freaking awesome!) :< I really dont understand what this card have over GTX 780 ?
It has

1. More RAM
2. Faster RAM
3. More shaders.
4. More ROPs.
5. Excels at openCL.
6. Eyefinity.

What i really dont understand is why you come on threads like this to post useless posts like you just did.

Jesus christ my jimmies...

Associate
It has

1. More RAM
2. Faster RAM
3. More shaders.
4. More ROPs.
5. Excels at openCL.
6. Eyefinity.

What i really dont understand is why you come on threads like this to post useless posts like you just did.

Jesus christ my jimmies...

for the chance to find some comfort. in the end i asked what this card have over gtx780 it wasnt a rhetorical question

Associate
Well you dont seem educated enough to know anyways so i thought i might as well help you out a bit.

I get it and you did help me out a bit. i just explained why i posted my useless post.

anyway all those things you specified are not really any good for people who play over 1 Tv screen. correct?

Soldato
Yea i had no idea 512 bit bus width gave you more bandwidth.

Jesus christ my jimmies... :rolleyes:

Yea i had no idea 512 bit bus width gave you more bandwidth (Yes, more bandwidth = faster).

You must be really bored, because all you do is pull my leg. Blocked.

Lol :)
Faster ram doesn't = more bandwidth. More bandwidth doesn't = faster ram. Bandwidth is the combination of ram and bus.

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
FYI humbug and thefogo.

If you black screen its most likely the output going to **** caused by too much voltage (Doesnt have to be a dangerous amount of voltage. You can keep this from happening to some degree by lowering refresh rates to 60, if its only for benching then you might aswell run 30hz on your screen.

Rarely does RAM just make your stuff go black, its usually flickering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom