• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Soldato
Already redeemed my free games, I'm such a fiend. My first port of call will be some extensive skyrim mods and then installing any hi res mods for any other games.

Who am I kidding!! A few benchmarks first ;)

Caporegime
Just had a brief look at mine and can't really tell tbh.

I think mine might be fine though as temps don't seem to be any different from the reviews out there, about 45 at idle and doesn't go past 90 [and this is in a damn hot room :(] (unless the reviewers sample cards also had the same problem)

Soldato
Guess what finally arrived in my hands today?

20140618_200504_zpsb33d8a1d.jpg

Now just need the weekend to hurry up and get here so I can try them out and see if my plan works. :)

Caporegime
Guess what finally arrived in my hands today?

20140618_200504_zpsb33d8a1d.jpg

Now just need the weekend to hurry up and get here so I can try them out and see if my plan works. :)

Sweet as a nut! Interested to see how you go. Loved my time with the accelero hybrid when i had my 7970.

Still waiting for my 290 :(

Stay strong brother, redemption awaits. :p

Caporegime
How is your case cooling? Mine runs about 10 degrees cooler than this at idle and maybe a little cooler on load. I'm running mine in a Node 304 so the GPU gets plenty of fresh air.

Antec P100 case

1x120mm akassa apache at the back
2x120mm fans at the top (not great spec, just a cheap gelid and bitfenix one)
2x120mm antec two cool fans at the front on the high preset

Rest of my system is i5 750 OC to 3.6GHz, which goes to 3.8GHz and has a gelid tranquillo rev 2 heatsink with a 120mm akassa apache fan

5 drives (2ssd's and 3 mech. drives)

Main thing is my room though, gets the sun for the entire day and the big velux window acts as a magnifier for the heat :(

Just had a quick go on batman arkham origins and GPU temp was varying from 80-85 and the fan speed was around 90-100%

Soldato
Not having much luck are you :(
I take it you won't try another?

Not really I have spent most of this week awaiting deliveries and collections. :(

I'm not trying any more MSI cards three is enough. I may possibly try a Sapphire but it's massive and if I wanted to go crossfire I doubt two would fit.

Caporegime
What is your case/cooling setup like moogleys? And room temp.?

Also fan speed of the gpu?

From what I have read, it just seems like these cards run hot and the twin frzr cooler isn't the best for cooling but very good for noise levels. overclock 3d.net were getting similar temps to me at both idle and load (although no mention on case or room temp)

Back
Top Bottom