• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

My card idles at 45 degrees currently and my room isn't too bad temp wise atm so it could probably drop to 40 in cooler weather.

for games, it hits 85 degrees, in cooler weather, it would probably hit 80......

Going to jump on another game for 30 mins to see temps etc.

Ok thanks.

Will have a proper look tomorrow and try to get some more photos posted.

I would imagine that this could be considered as a fault thus I should be entitled to getting a refund......

I don't think selling the AMD games on should have any input on refund stuff etc. since that is down to AMD and not MSI or ocuk.

No idea, I just thought the 290's ran hot regardless of cooler etc. anyway so didn't think much of my temps until moogleys posted about the problem.

What do you think I should do? Do you think it would have much impact on temps?

Mine idle at 35c and 38c

The box has a picture on the back showing the card to reach a max of 78.c in oc mode compared to the stock cards 95.c

There is a small disclaimer stating "results may change under different conditions. "

It should read "Results may change depending if we bothered to fit the cooler correctly"..

:)

My card in stock mode is going well over 80.c with 5 x 140mm fans airating it nicely.

I am just not having any luck with PC stuff lately, first my new monitor (back light bleed issues on the first and second same problem but also a dead pixel in central area) and now this :(

stuck sensor? temps look ok to me

EDIT: if you click on gpu core/vrm#1#2 till it says max in gpu-z it will show the max temp they get while gaming ect

My thoughts too, anyway to "un-stick" it?

Going to give metro last light a quick blast now and will report back on the "max" temps.

After 15 min of metro last light:

main temp max - 85
VRM 1 max - 83
VRM 2 max - still stuck on 65 :/

They were averaging at that temp as well.

Fan speed was 64%

And it is pretty cool in my room atm.

Back
Top Bottom