• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Owners Thread

Soldato
OP
I assume that you play the game at full (exclusive) screen mode yes?
Also do you use Crimson 16.1 drivers, because they have Witcher 3 hotfix.

Closing, Witcher 3 is pretty crap on Crossfire scalling. Have you tried run with CF off?

Associate
Its set as full screen in the settings, how do I know if its exclusive?

Yes currently using the latest hot fix drivers, the problem isn't with crossfire scaling as the card is being under clocked by the game and usage/voltage is fluctuating massively when the FPS drop occurs, whats strange is that I can play the game in 1440p for about 15 mins then suddenly it drops to 20 fps until I alt tab to windows then back into the game and it works fine at 60 fps again.

Soldato
Alright guys, just a quick one

I've pulled my 295x2 out my system and replaced with 980Ti's and im looking to get rid of the 295, it comes with the EK waterblock and backplate plus the stock cooler, but i have no idea what its worth, what are these valued at now?
No price checks outside of members market.

Soldato
man feels like every other week im getting infractions, cause of people asking legit questions and getting infractions cause of it... ocuk has gone above and beyond when it comes to how meny rules there are.

its turning into a policed society... i mean i was around when they where a little tiny business, about 10-14 years ago and for people to be loyal and still around helping they get infractions for it. nice touch ehh.

Last edited:
Associate
Few issues running Arkham knight, it runs really well except when driving. Its not running very smooth some of the time. This usually occurs when cornering or hitting objects.
Is this my system or a issue with the 295x2?
i5 4670k @4.3
16gb ram

EDIT - Seems it runs well and locked at 60fps again,ignore this issue!

Last edited:
Associate
How is everyones 295X2's doing on the SteamVR test? I managed to get 10.5 out of mine without any overclocks

thumb

Man of Honour
This card still seems to stack up really well against the most recent games at 1440p, even those that don't support crossfire. Was starting to wonder whether an upgrade was needed, but still seems to have some life left in it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I assume there are good alternatives to this now? Seems to run Deus Ex Mankind on high to very high, but starts to struggle after this at 1440p.
Wait for Vega IMO. If that is not an option I recommend a 1070/1080.

My 1080 is pretty much the same performance of a 295x2 but requires about one third the juice :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Somehow managed to sell my 295X2 for £400. I bought it when on sale at OcUK, don't think I paid too much more? Absolutely in love with my 1080Ti. Brilliant upgrade.
Yeah, I can imagine. More performance and on only one GPU :)

Good price considering when you sold it. I got £50 more, but that was a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom