• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thai website called Zolkron claims that Radeon R9 Nano will launch next week on August 27th.

The R9 Nano, which is not part of Fury series, has been showcased in June along with Fury X and unfinished dual-Fiji graphics card, which is expected even later than Nano.

Personally I think that Nano was the star of the show, never had we the opportunity to see 4k stream cores in such a small form factor. And I said 4k, because Nano is rumored to have the same GPU configuration as Fury X, only downclocked to meet very strict power consumption standard of 175W.

The OEM builders and some more devoted fans, already have these cards for tests. It’s unclear yet if R9 Nano samples will be seeded by AMD only (just like Fury X) or by its partners. The first option would probably mean very limited supply, whereas the second option would give us hope that AIBs would generate higher supply for the market.

http://videocardz.com/57396/amd-radeon-r9-nano-coming-next-week

7flyRdv.jpg

This one will be a big seller for them.

Will come down to pricing imho, Fury X and Fury are good cards but high pricing and no game bundles diminishes their value in the face of Nvidia alternatives.

Hopefully Nano will have good availability and pricing from the get go.

I still have issue with the slide, even though it really doesn't matter. It is not ground breaking, as there have been high performance cards before in that form factor, even the currant 970 mini is very similar in size and will perform about the same.

Will come down to pricing imho, Fury X and Fury are good cards but high pricing and no game bundles diminishes their value in the face of Nvidia alternatives.

Hopefully Nano will have good availability and pricing from the get go.

I think this is the problem. I expect performance and efficiency somewhere around 970 and 980, doing better at 4k but not fast enough to do it alone. But the prices simply won't be competitive. Hopefully AMD sees some sense and tries to match Nvidia bang for buck.

A full core I find hard to believe. I also doubt the overclocking potential with a single 8pin connector and tiny form factor, and the results from the furyX.

Personally I think the X2 is much more exciting.

I still have issue with the slide, even though it really doesn't matter. It is not ground breaking, as there have been high performance cards before in that form factor, even the currant 970 mini is very similar in size and will perform about the same.

Hat is just AMD PR to stir up the fanboys, as you say it is going to perform similar to a 970.

I would bet a 100 internet cookies that the Nano is going to be much more expensive than the 970 ITX.

They specifically say not part of the Fury series. What does that imply though?

Not crossfire compatible?

Not Fiji? (Could it actually be the full R9 285/380 chip?)

I know they stated it was Fiji but look at how many times they have said things that turned out to be false.

They specifically say not part of the Fury series. What does that imply though?

I would assume it means that performance is not good enough for it to be branded as a Fury card.

I'm still skeptical about the full Fiji rumours though, it just makes no sense why AMD would sell their best dies in a low end SFF card, unless perhaps HBM yields are not that great and Nano uses the Fury dies that can't run at 500Mhz memory or a reduced bus width or something.

Last edited:
I think this is the problem. I expect performance and efficiency somewhere around 970 and 980, doing better at 4k but not fast enough to do it alone. But the prices simply won't be competitive. Hopefully AMD sees some sense and tries to match Nvidia bang for buck.

A full core I find hard to believe. I also doubt the overclocking potential with a single 8pin connector and tiny form factor, and the results from the furyX.

Personally I think the X2 is much more exciting.

Agreed, and also like Gregster has said there are already GTX 970 Mini ITX cards. These come in around £250 with a game that costs £45 on Steam.

If the Nano has better than 970 performance but is priced to high and has no bundle what is the market for it?

Price is key on the Nano.

Will this mean I will get my Fury X pre-order soon(ish)? Or will the interposer ramp up I read about be for this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom