• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RMA is absolutely amazing!

Soldato
I haven't used an NV card since my Geforce 3 ti 500 back in 2001 or so, the 9700 pro reeled me in and ive never gone back since (apart from a laptop with a gtx 970 6gb in). Tell a lie I did buy a GT1030 that I never used and sold on the Members Market. I should really try an NV card again at some point, right now im rocking a 7 and was thinking I might buy a big navi if it has some half decent compute credentials.
The last ATI card I used was the 9800 pro AGP slot. Before that it was the 3D rage, rage ultra etc. Had to google Wikipedia for that.

Associate
I've owned loads of AMD products but never had one fail on me, nice to know they're on the case as I hope my next build can be all AMD although RDNA2 will have to be up to snuff to make that happen.

Associate
Good to know, particularly as most companies shaft their European customers. I haven't heard great things from tech support from the likes of EVGA in the UK/EU.

Soldato
My own CPU bent pin story time!

I was returning a motherboard to OCUK a long time ago, can't remember exactly why.

I took the CPU out of the socket when preparing to send it. Everything fine up until this point.

The mistake I made was not knowing how to put the CPU shield back on. In the end I tried to put it on under the bracket.

This caused the CPU pins in the socket to bend.

I had to sheepishly tell OCUK that the motherboard I was in the process of returning now had bent CPU pins as well thanks to my stupidity.

Fortunately for me OCUK were amazing and agreed to RMA it even despite the damage I caused!

Associate
Wow this is pretty insane. I had a somewhat similar experience with my Coolermaster MF120 Halo's. Turns out to actually use their software you have to spend another £50 on a controller. I bought 12 of these fans and was less than pleased when I was told this by coolermaster. That being said it was my fault for not doing my research correctly but they still decided to be absolute legends and send me a controller free of charge!

Back
Top Bottom