AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
"Upping prices during a crisis" only applies to essential goods, things you need to live. Not luxury computer components.
That doesn't really make it right though does it. Did OC do that though? I can't say that I saw it. A competitor on the other hand. Wow.

Soldato
That doesn't really make it right though does it. Did OC do that though? I can't say that I saw it. A competitor on the other hand. Wow.

I didn't spot it, but i do remember seeing another place that did have prices listed as estimated prices before release, as UK prices weren't confirmed at that point. One or two listed no prices at all (apparently that was the safer move)

Associate
First time complainer, first time really buying a CPU on launch day too. What a wild ride...

Not going to sit and whine about stock numbers and site going down, since I'm in total limbo with my order anyway. Got an email saying the order was recieved, no payment taken showing with my bank yet. But my account says the payment was declined (definitely wasn't, first time it did so my bank could verify the purchase but processed totally fine the second time around to the very end)
Trying to jump through to order it again and I just get a message saying "Your order contains articles with limited availability. This limit has already been reached with a recent order. If you want to cancel an order please contact support. "

Hoping that message is just because my order went through and they don't want me trying to order two of the 5600X's.

Associate
Well they did up their prices during a crisis and also I'm adding an extra 1% at checkout is an underhanded sharp practice. But yes I wouldn't go as far as saying they are
price gouging. Merely making the point that hyperbole and politically emotive sentiment goes both ways. Like for real, people have thousands of pounds tied up in pre orders with little or no communication from this company to their customers and saying that people should consider themselves lucky to have a job is kinda a pointless and irrelevant sentiment.

Associate
Well they did up their prices during a crisis and also I'm adding an extra 1% at checkout is an underhanded sharp practice. But yes I wouldn't go as far as saying they are
price gouging. Merely making the point that hyperbole and politically emotive sentiment goes both ways. Like for real, people have thousands of pounds tied up in pre orders with little or no communication from this company to their customers and saying that people should consider themselves lucky to have a job is kinda a pointless and irrelevant sentiment.
I thought the price for 5800x was as quoted on the main page. Or did they change it?

Associate
It might be just the 5950x. A week a got it was 749.99 if I recall correctly. Jumped to 799.99 this week and is still listed at that. When you add to cart the cost of goods goes up to 806.67. It was the same with the RTX 3080 GPUs. The ~7 pound checkout addition is the thing that annoys me not necessarily the 50 pound price increase earlier on.

For reference, I first became a customer for overclockers.co.uk in 2001. It's always been a premium retailer. I haven't been shopped here for years but decided to return before you folks sink in the sea, or whatever happens January 1st.

Soldato
It might be just the 5950x. A week a got it was 749.99 if I recall correctly. Jumped to 799.99 this week and is still listed at that. When you add to cart the cost of goods goes up to 806.67. It was the same with the RTX 3080 GPUs. The ~7 pound checkout addition is the thing that annoys me not necessarily the 50 pound price increase earlier on.

For reference, I first became a customer for overclockers.co.uk in 2001. It's always been a premium retailer. I haven't been shopped here for years but decided to return before you folks sink in the sea, or whatever happens January 1st.

That £6-9 is the postage cost, pretty standard for places to add postage on once you enter the basket..

Associate
I was prepared to pay £529.99 for a 5900X - even though it was higher than I wanted I got used to that price. Unfortunately when it shot up to £539.99 it caused me to hesitate and look around for other suppliers.

In fact I was ready to pull the trigger on two 5900X (before the price went up) - one for my son to build a new pc for xmas (and one for me so I could give my daughter my 3600XT to replace her 1700 - for gaming etc and uni computer course work).

Now I cant seem to find any 5000's and cant pre-order from the other supplier - I hope that when more come in that they last or I can pre-order at a reasonable price (otherwise message me if you have a ryzen cpu that will keep me going for a few months).

Soldato
No, this is the cost of goods. Postage is another ~£9. You can test it out yourself, just add the preorder to the cart and go to checkout.

https://i.imgur.com/nApedBh.png

Well that's after clicking checkout on choosing which option to pay with, obviously cna't go any further than that as i don't want to buy one but £799 as i get free delivery. £808.69 if im not logged in due to delivery.

Associate
As you have to wait anyway why didn't you consider going for Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, which should be released any time now??

No definite release date just yet that I'm aware of, and not a mega difference between the 2 boards apart from the price I'm sure once it does come out. Would've liked the fanless chipset though.

But mainly because I'd already got the EK monoblock for the regular VIII Hero before the Dark Hero was actually announced, and no confirmation if that monoblock will fully fit the Dark Hero.

Associate
I chose saturday delivery. Does that mean if I ordered early enough I will have mine shipped tomorrow? Or would the stock for me have been allocated to someone else who picked the next day delivery

Soldato
OMG I've had an updated email from another site saying expected delivery tomorrow. Not sure I 100% believe it though, I think it's automated. :confused:
I think i know the one you mean, i've just had order picked and dispatched notification at nearly 10pm.......but that's for an order of a load of work stuff on business account so no where near as fun :D

Back
Top Bottom