AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
Oh they've shipped 145 of the 5600X?! Damn i started at 158, i must be right at the front of the queue then. Looking forward to tomorrows queue position update then.
No you are wrong - I started 50+ in the queue - still have my shipment pending. 145 probably includes initial stock and only 30 shipped going to reduce the queue length so you probably ~100 in the queue.

Soldato
No you are wrong - I started 50+ in the queue - still have my shipment pending. 145 probably includes initial stock and only 30 shipped going to reduce the queue length so you probably ~100 in the queue.

ah yes he's giving total shipped rather than pre-orders shipped presumably. I assumed the latter (as the former statistics are basically pointless information to those waiting)

Associate
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask
but my current system is an Intel i7 7700k and I'm switching over to the AMD Ryzen 5 5600x. would it still be recommend to do a fresh install or is Windows 10 smart enough to work with the change in hardware

Soldato
but my current system is an Intel i7 7700k and I'm switching over to the AMD Ryzen 5 5600x. would it still be recommend to do a fresh install or is Windows 10 smart enough to work with the change in hardware

Windows 10 is smart enough to do it. Though i would recommend a clean install. I've done it changing between intel chipsets before as well as AMD to intel, but it always "feels" a bit messy.

Associate
ah yes he's giving total shipped rather than pre-orders shipped presumably. I assumed the latter (as the former statistics are basically pointless information to those waiting)

Those numbers just sound way more optimistic and positive don’t they, when in reality the queue hasn’t moved for a month

Associate
The recommendation from Hardware Unboxed was a Windows re-install wasn't required if you were already on Ryzen and going to the newest gen, but they advised a fresh install if you're moving to Ryzen.

Associate
Well I'm real happy i actually got a reply and we now have the most detailed information on the 5900X we've received in 2 weeks.
at Queue Position 500 this news excites me that i may even get the CPU before Dec 10th.

Associate
Surprising that the 5600x and 5800x SKUs aren't being replenished more quickly, bit of a bummer for us at the bottom. Wonder if this is because the lower SKUs are lower margin, I'd have expected them to be higher margin, but I guess the cost of die's is minimal compared to test, packaging, distribution, etc.

Oh well, only a CPU!

Associate
Surprising that the 5600x and 5800x SKUs aren't being replenished more quickly, bit of a bummer for us at the bottom. Wonder if this is because the lower SKUs are lower margin, I'd have expected them to be higher margin, but I guess the cost of die's is minimal compared to test, packaging, distribution, etc.

Oh well, only a CPU!

The 5800X is a myth, although apparently there are plenty in the US. It probably has the lowest priority as they're likely using all full 8 core CCDs for the 5950x to sell at a premium.

Wafer allocation for Zen3 and RDNA2 is also the absolute lowest priority so the rumours of stock stagnating until March next year is probably highly possible.

Associate
I mean last friday i was 1010 in the queue for the 5600x so there’s that high margin. not sure how much has been supplied out already

Associate
The 5800X is a myth, although apparently there are plenty in the US. It probably has the lowest priority as they're likely using all full 8 core CCDs for the 5950x to sell at a premium.

Wafer allocation for Zen3 and RDNA2 is also the absolute lowest priority so the rumours of stock stagnating until March next year is probably highly possible.

seems to have been allot of 5800x activity from other EU vendors over the last few days, a few went up for sale in the UK today. Hopefully OC got some.

Back
Top Bottom