• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Caporegime
I got a 3090 so yeah if you can use a 3090, it'd be more apples to apples.

Here's what I got so far:

CPU game avg is the one to look at. I'm mainly curious if we got an engine limitation at 400fps on cpu game avg. No matter what I do, I can't shake that number.
Did some digging and found my 3800Mhz CL14 Geardown enabled 1T result earlier in this thread with BCLK at 100. This was back when I first got it.
2XUsFJ5.png

I also ran it again using the settings and driver above but with BCLK at 100.8 and scored 372, but I can't find the result guess I didn't post it.

Just ran it again now with my new frequency and timings and with BCLK at 100.8 and got 384.
YSnLyd1.png

My CPU game avg FPS are lower than yours. It says I am 0% GPU bound and I appear to be heavily CPU bottlenecked even with the 5800X3D as my 6900 XT was barely utilised.

I will run it on the 3090 FE next, but that may not be for a week or so as I need to download it to that hard drive first.

Caporegime
Appreciate your testing!
Marginally better score with SMT off.
i5GKReu.png
EidRD5L.png

EDIT, Just found the SOTTR benchmark thread on overclock.net. Looks like a couple of guys there have breached the 400 limit with 5800X3Ds, but they are all using higher BCLK settings. I can't go higher than 100.8 due to my ancient sata drivers in raid. Maybe time for an upgrade...

Last edited:
Soldato
What about 4.04.11.742 whql which you can get from the Asus site they are newer :confused:. I take it they are universal?
I don't know if they are universal, it's become very confusing since AMD stopped putting the newest ones on their website. As far as I know the one on the AMD website has the special driver for the 5800X3D according to the reviewers' guide. I would just use that, personally.

Soldato
I don't know if they are universal, it's become very confusing since AMD stopped putting the newest ones on their website. As far as I know the one on the AMD website has the special driver for the 5800X3D according to the reviewers' guide. I would just use that, personally.
I used the latest one from AMD, works perfectly with my 5800X3D.

Soldato
-30 pass with CoreCycler left running while at work. It's weird seeing 4.4GHz all core boost on Cinebench, I'm not used to seeing all core clocks almost as high as single core clocks :p .

Actually, I noticed all cores managed to reach 4.55GHz on CoreCycler, was expecting a few "bad" cores but this is a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom