• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Soldato
What temperatures are people getting in normal gaming? AFAIK the 5800X3D doesn't get that hot, to me gaming is the most strenuous thing I run so if that's a decent temperature I'm good. I can't test it myself due to having a potato as a GPU atm :cry:

Only been playing GTA Online recenty and I`m seeing around 50c and thats without using PBO. It idles at 26/28c.

Soldato
Cheers, did not know there was a cli version. Added to taskschd.
How did you set it up? I created the PS1 file which works fine when it runs, but adding it to task scheduler instead brings up an "open with..." prompt at login. Don't think I'm setting the action up correctly.

On the other hand, only did one run with corecycler but -25 seems to be fine. Will see how it goes for now and then I'll attempt -30 over the weekend.

Soldato
How did you set it up? I created the PS1 file which works fine when it runs, but adding it to task scheduler instead brings up an "open with..." prompt at login. Don't think I'm setting the action up correctly.

On the other hand, only did one run with corecycler but -25 seems to be fine. Will see how it goes for now and then I'll attempt -30 over the weekend.
Just follow what this chap did https://www.overclock.net/threads/c...urve-optimizer-settings.1777398/post-28979914 the cli version link is also a few posts up.

Associate
unknown.png

I'm just showing YC2.5b as a quick reference but this is large/avx2 stable as well. Not even a good bdie bin and just 1.5v. Pretty much anyone with bdie should be able to run these timings.

If you have a better bin like my 14/3600 kit, you can run 14-8-14-12 and trfc aroud 220 but I rather keep that kit with ADL as it's got more headroom there.

Was fun to oc on this platform for a day. Maybe down the road, I'll play with cpu/io voltages and tweak the IF and see if it's got something to give.

Obviously always do your own stability testing as well when tuning.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm dialling in 3962Mhz/1981Mhz FCLK. So far it's passed 10 cycles of TM5 1usmus v3 so looking good. Will do 20 runs tonight to confirm 100% stability.

VDIMM @ 1.520v
BCLK @ 100.8
MCuUw6b.png
JuX0CLN.png

Associate
@LtMatt try YC2.5 and occt large/avx2 and check for wheas.

I'm also quite sure that tras below 28 is BS and just looks cool. It's the same on intel. Spec itself floors at 28. I tested it out and so far haven't found a workload where 21 is better than 28.

Just like tfaw below 16 looks cool but does nothing.

Caporegime
@LtMatt try YC2.5 and occt large/avx2 and check for wheas.

I'm also quite sure that tras below 28 is BS and just looks cool. It's the same on intel. Spec itself floors at 28. I tested it out and so far haven't found a workload where 21 is better than 28.

Just like tfaw below 16 looks cool but does nothing.
I've had CoreCycler running for a few hours already and no issues yet.

Which one of those is easier to setup and run? I'm close to reaching the end of my stability testing now and just want to play some games with these new settings.

Caporegime
What voltages and tweaks have you done? I can boot 1933 as well but haven't tried to put any effort into stabilizing it. That might motivate me to use my good bdie kit

as well!
Everything should be there in my screenshots, I am using VDIMM 1.520v.

I cannot get 1T stable at 3800 or higher, so I use 2T. There is barely any difference and it provides better latency and performance than 1T Gear down mode on.

Key is to get ProcODT and CAD settings correct. It's a bit of trial and error and dual rank dimms need different CAD settings than single rank. Basically lower ProcODT is better for higher FCLK, so you want no higher than 43.6 at 3800Mhz, and lower at higher frequency. Try for mine (34) or the next one up.

This cheat sheet here will help you dial in memory stability and is what I have been using. Along with patience and experimentation of changing the ProcODT and CAD bus settings. If TM5 1usmus throws up a particular error, use the cheat sheet to debug the error and change the approapriate setting/s in the BIOS. Credit to Veii from overclock.net, it's his sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9SYEq2RElJ5T6Hcx9WdReTsnIWw/edit#gid=43560676

EDIT - Make sure when you download TM5 you load the 1usmusv3 profile first, one time thing then future runs will always use that profile. The cheat sheet debugs the errors for that profile.

Associate
Nice! I'll reference that. I got a new nvme coming so I'll put a new OS on that and use it to tweak so I don't nuke my os is.

btw do you have SOTTR? If you can run a bench at 1920x1080 "lowest" preset and TAA off, I'd be curious to see your results

Caporegime
Nice! I'll reference that. I got a new nvme coming so I'll put a new OS on that and use it to tweak so I don't nuke my os is.

btw do you have SOTTR? If you can run a bench at 1920x1080 "lowest" preset and TAA off, I'd be curious to see your results
Yes, I've run it before in the past albeit using 3800Mhz CL14 1T geardown mode on, from memory i scored 372 with a 6900 XT.

I'll have to download it again and see if the scores have improved.

I have a 3090 too but have not run the bench using that yet. I would expect it to be a little faster looking at the OcuK bench thread.

Associate
Yes, I've run it before in the past albeit using 3800Mhz CL14 1T geardown mode on, from memory i scored 372 with a 6900 XT.

I'll have to download it again and see if the scores have improved.

I have a 3090 too but have not run the bench using that yet. I would expect it to be a little faster looking at the OcuK bench thread.

I got a 3090 so yeah if you can use a 3090, it'd be more apples to apples.

Here's what I got so far:

CPU game avg is the one to look at. I'm mainly curious if we got an engine limitation at 400fps on cpu game avg. No matter what I do, I can't shake that number.

Back
Top Bottom