• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D Cache Eight Core 4.5GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail - Go Go Go xD

Associate
Hmm, I purchased one on Wed. this week from a UK source who gave a £15 discount and free next-day delivery. Only £429.98

All installed and running nicely (except for one duff Noctua fan).

Caporegime
If you're not sure then you probably don't need such an expensive CPU, get a 5700X, much cheaper but still very much better than your 3600, and it will have some years of good performance.

Soldato
Is it worth me upgrading from a 3600 to one of these for 3440x1440 gaming etc?
I would definitely upgrade from a 3 to a 5 series CPU. The only decisions are to which one and when. If you have the budget I'd go 5800X3D and run it until Zen5+ or as Humbug says the cheaper 8C 5700X. I don't think you'll regret it and GPUs are only getting faster so eventually you are going to need more CPU grunt.

Soldato
I think even the 5600X would give the gains needed in most of the games that may be held back by the 3600. Ultimately I think it depends on how long you want to keep it so if your are hoping to have for several years it might be prudent to get the best one you can afford. :)

Soldato
I think even the 5600X would give the gains needed in most of the games that may be held back by the 3600. Ultimately I think it depends on how long you want to keep it so if your are hoping to have for several years it might be prudent to get the best one you can afford. :)
Indeed, my most important criteria was minimums and perceived smoothness over absolute highest frame rates hence the 5800X3D.

Associate
Its all about the minimums. From my vr race last night. Normally at the start of races and with lots of cars around you get dips and stutters in vr as cpu gets hammered. Same with ongoing fights in a pack but no such issue with the x3d. G2/3090.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Its all about the minimums. From my vr race last night. Normally at the start of races and with lots of cars around you get dips and stutters in vr as cpu gets hammered. Same with ongoing fights in a pack but no such issue with the x3d. G2/3090.

unknown.png

What game btw? I recall my old 5820K struggled on Raceroom VR due to being on an old DirectX version and thus very single thread limited.

Back
Top Bottom