• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RYZEN 7 aka ZEN NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!

OcUK Staff
OP
Maybe the 1700x is the safer bet for x1800 speeds...

Still at 389 it's mighty good value....

Makes intels offerings like the 6900k at 1k ludicrous tbh.

We got 4.0GHz out of a 1700 today! :)
Seems they hit 3.9-4.1GHz when overclocked, so 1800X performance essentially, bargaintastic! Intel are doomed! ;)

Caporegime
I'm sure a 300mhz clock is doable....I'm defo getting one... :)

I'm also thinking of ditching Intel and NV selling my X34 and going Vega

If gaming is your primary use then don't, Gsync is superior to Freesync imo.

I suppose with it being a hardware solution then it just 'works'

But Ryzen looks like it has great potential for multi-threaded gaming :cool:

OcUK Staff
OP

But Ryzen looks like it has great potential for multi-threaded gaming :cool:

Yes but RX 480 + Freesync monitor is a hell of a lot cheaper than say a 1060/1070 + G-Sync monitor!

Also RX 480 + 4k Freesync in Doom running Vulkan really is something else!

Caporegime
Yes but RX 480 + Freesync monitor is a hell of a lot cheaper than say a 1060/1070 + G-Sync monitor!

Also RX 480 + 4k Freesync in Doom running Vulkan really is something else!

True. I guess you get what you pay for!! Would be nice to try a proper Freesync gaming monitor though (with 30-144hz and LFC). This LG implementation might not be the best.

Associate
True. I guess you get what you pay for!! Would be nice to try a proper Freesync gaming monitor though (with 30-144hz and LFC). This LG implementation might not be the best.

Most of the big YouTubers have stated that G-Sync/Freesync are identical when on a level playing field i.e. 30 - 144Hz so with it being cheaper I think AMD have played a very clever game here by getting Freesync out to more vendors across all cost levels. If AMD have plans for Vega a bit similar to Ryzen then the game is certainly afoot and AMD are back with a bang. At the end of the day that will be better for all of us. :)

Soldato

Having used both at 30-144Hz from Asus ROG vs Dominator, they're both identical from my experience really.
In the blind test something would be extremely hard pressed to notice any difference what so ever; bar Freesync being cheaper.

Associate
We got 4.0GHz out of a 1700 today! :)
Seems they hit 3.9-4.1GHz when overclocked, so 1800X performance essentially, bargaintastic! Intel are doomed! ;)

Nice you got a 1700 @ 4ghz.

Can you break the Nda by being anonymous and post benchmarks?

If you don't want to post the benchmark at least say something regarding single thread speed and multi thread speed or any rumor.

Permabanned

How good Freesync's is depends on the monitor, There's a lot of meh Freesync panels but if you do your homework and get the right Freesync monitor there's no discernable difference from what I've seen and been told.

Caporegime
We could do with a lot more people doing this to let Nvidia and Intel know that we are not amused with how they've been treating us.

Ill always buy into performance first regardless of company but AMD have produced a great chip it seems and even if it's on par with current intel chips I'll switch Depends on vega and pricing /performance I guess

The mere fact it beats an intel £1000 chip is reason to jump ship

Competition finally :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-vs-Core-i7-7700K-DinoPC_GTA-V.png

AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-vs-Core-i7-7700K-DinoPC_Cinebench.png

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700-gaming-performance-benchmarks-leak/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom