• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/rasterization-on-larrabee

Further reading here just reveals that Binned Rendering is another name for Tiled rendering. So AMD has moved Vega to a tiled Rasteriser. In the same way that Nvidia moved to a Tiled Rasteriser with Maxwell.

This should greatly increase rasterisation performance and decrease the required bandwidth for rasterisation.

'As noted earlier, Larrabee uses chunked (also known as binned or tiled)
rendering, where the target is divided into multiple rectangles, called
tiles. The rendering commands are sorted according to the tiles they
touch and stored in the corresponding bins, and then the contents of
each bin are rendered separately to the corresponding tile. It's a bit
complex, but it considerably improves cache coherence and
parallelization.'

Soldato
They redesigned shader engine CU units by allowing a more flexible approach to how small/big a wave can be processed without needing to wait for the next call with Vega.
It may be the biggest update AMD has done along with Ryzen, ever.

Previously the shader engine could wait and wasn't able to process a variation as they all was processed the same which meant now and then it was underutilized due to the way game engines worked. This seems to be fixed while addressing and upgrading with tweaks so all in it seems the Zenengineers pulled an alice.

Soldato
Here's an explanation of the leaked into by wccftech: http://wccftech.com/amd-vega-features/

2x the performance per clock versus previous products according to them, sounds too good to be true.

I'm struggling not to get hyped, please AMD don't disappoint this time. I may very much regret my GTX 1080 purchase and honestly I hope that I do.

Soldato
Here's an explanation of the leaked into by wccftech: http://wccftech.com/amd-vega-features/

2x the performance per clock versus previous products according to them, sounds too good to be true.

I'm struggling not to get hyped, please AMD don't disappoint this time. I may very much regret my GTX 1080 purchase and honestly I hope that I do.

Should receive a 1 day Ban for linking to that site and for believing anything they put out.

They're the same buggers that kept spouting how the RX 480 will easily overclock to 1500Mhz and rivals the Fury.

All it is is clickbait rubbish that spreads their own made up rumors.

Soldato
Should receive a 1 day Ban for linking to that site and for believing anything they put out.

They're the same buggers that kept spouting how the RX 480 will easily overclock to 1500Mhz and rivals the Fury.

All it is is clickbait rubbish that spreads their own made up rumors.

Fair point, but is videocardz really any better? Also, I don't believe it as I said it sounds too good to true. I can live in hope though

Soldato
I predict a flood of GTX 1080s in members market when legit vega benches hit.

Quite possibly.

I'm hoping it trades blows with the 1080Ti. But then again neither will be cheap. VEGA with new arch, possibly HBM2. £6-700? possibly more for the big one with current exchange rates.

Heres hoping they have actually come up with something good this time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I predict a flood of GTX 1080s in members market when legit vega benches hit.

Which would be pretty normal when the next generation cards are coming out. In all likelihood (unless they surprise us and Vega comes out sooner than expected) the 1080 will have been out ~ a year.

Really hoping Vega lives up to the hype, I don't like the way the GPU market is going. We can't have just one company releasing cards for the high end bracket.

Even a 1080 isnt that fast. I notice Witcher 3 drop below 60fps in some places (rarely but it is there) at 1440p with everything on (including hairworks) on mine.

I would love something that doesn't break the bank but can do every game released for a while at at LEAST 60fps at 1440p

Last edited:
Caporegime
AMD VEGA architectural upgrades revealed

AMD-Vega-architecture-1000x505.png

http://videocardz.com/65288/amd-vega-architectural-upgrades-revealed

"Primitive Shaders" ?

Lol?

I am guessing that means something different in computer talk.

Man of Honour
I assume the above confirms that at least one of the consumer Vega cards will have a solid state storage drive. That is why the are references to address space, cache controller and bandwidth per-pin.

Nah it will be for stuff like resource heaps/tiled resources.

Soldato
Fair point, but is videocardz really any better? Also, I don't believe it as I said it sounds too good to true. I can live in hope though

Videocardz is just as bad. Ignore them all. Wait for the Vega preview, and reviews.

People get far too hyped over random click bait articles lately; and then they want to blame AMD for the Hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom