• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The passion comes when someone believe that they have the best and can shake the whole market like Maxwell and Pascal. Even the people sitting there knows that AMD has totally given up on beating nvidia best GPU.

AMD is shift its focus more on professional market for example, people who are gamers and professional as well than VEGA is a very good option for them ,however, if you are gamer and want the best than Pascal high end is the best option for you just like i7.
Just because AMD focus on cards for professionals does not mean they are focusing on them. Look at nvidia with thier whole Tesla line up and deep learning etc. Ohh no are nvidia focusing on professionals too now?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Doom112 is the Anti-flopper.
+1

:p

He just turned what I said into AMD Doomed post again. His point makes no sense either, just a cheap shot as clearly there is plenty passion when Raja speaks.

Just because AMD focus on cards for professionals does not mean they are focusing on them. Look at nvidia with thier whole Tesla line up and deep learning etc. Ohh no are nvidia focusing on professionals too now?

Anything to bash AMD mate :p

Soldato

His comment about them giving up competing with NVIDIA is laughable at best. They clawed back 9% marketshare last year with mid range, and a low end card.

I wonder if he was around during the 2900XT and 3780 days if he would have parroted the same lines over and over.
AMD/ATI/RTG have been in far worse spots, and we ended up with the fantastic 4870, 5870, 7970, and to some extent the 290X cards. All when AMD had "given up competing" against NVIDIA in the high end.

There's absolutely no difference between AMD making a huge chip that caters to Professionals, and then making consumer versions of that, and what NVIDIA have been doing. The Difference is, since Firmi, and the original Titan; NVIDIA have been refusing to sell cards with even remotely decent compute capabilities in their GeForce line up. Which corners many prosumers into Quadro cards, and leaving Tesla for the rest.

Associate
The passion comes when someone believe that they have the best and can shake the whole market like Maxwell and Pascal. Even the people sitting there knows that AMD has totally given up on beating nvidia best GPU.

AMD is shift its focus more on professional market for example, people who are gamers and professional as well than VEGA is a very good option for them ,however, if you are gamer and want the best than Pascal high end is the best option for you just like i7.
not necessarily true, AMD given up on performance crown yes, because they dont have the money for it, but they will still offer the best performance per dollar up to 500$ price range, then leave the ppl who want to spend 700-1000$ for that extra 10-20% to nvidia, downside for no performance crown is public perception, but at this point it doesn't really matter, they have like 2 years to pay up one billion dollar loan, so they better go where money is, because desktop space doesn't really thank them for their products.

Permabanned
Oh and that's not just because It's an AMD cpu. I'm seeing it happening with my current 3570k and I'm thinking "Why didn't I just get the 3770k!"

Probably because the tech forums were full of people telling everyone that i7's were a waste of money for gaming and no better that an i5.
As TNA said if you don't do regular cpu/platform upgrades you need to buy hardware that can cover the most possible directions gaming may go in.
I've decided to delay replacing my 4790k and waiting for an 8 core 16 thread Ryzen 2 or 3 sounds like a good one to put on my short list.

Associate
not necessarily true, AMD given up on performance crown yes, because they dont have the money for it, but they will still offer the best performance per dollar up to 500$ price range, then leave the ppl who want to spend 700-1000$ for that extra 10-20% to nvidia, downside for no performance crown is public perception, but at this point it doesn't really matter, they have like 2 years to pay up one billion dollar loan, so they better go where money is, because desktop space doesn't really thank them for their products.

Exactly. AMD hardware in Xbox and PS4 is definitely the right thing for them. But they do need to get Vega out there soon for the 1440p crowd. I think they are right to give up the small 4k market.

Permabanned
OP
Did anyone watch the video?

AMD said their will be 2 version of VEGA card one will be 4GB and other one will be 8GB? Seriously AMD? You are selling 4GB high end card in 2017? Only the dumbest person on the planet will support you for that and buy it.

I know some members will say that i am anti AMD ,however, i know some people will be felling stupid for waiting 4GB high end to get release in 2017.

Man of Honour

AMD said their will be 2 version of VEGA card one will be 4GB and other one will be 8GB? Seriously AMD? You are selling 4GB high end card in 2017? Only the dumbest person on the planet will support you for that and buy it.

I know some members will say that i am anti AMD ,however, i know some people will be felling stupid for waiting 4GB high end to get release in 2017.

4GB ain't a high end card whatever they are planning - I upgraded from my 780 largely because I was getting close to the limits of 3GB (though rarely actually hit the VRAM ceiling without doing something silly like 32x AA but more and more often scraping the barrel for spare VRAM) but an extra 1GB over that isn't gonna be very useful in the future over 1080p even with advanced caching or resource streaming options.

Soldato

Yeah but what about all those people gaming at 720p? All those benchmarks which were done with Ryzen vs Intel clearly shows it's a popular resolution many people play at lol! ;)

Klo

Klo

Soldato

Can't they buy the 8gb one then? You seem incredibly desperate to find fault in AMD.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah but what about all those people gaming at 720p? All those benchmarks which were done with Ryzen vs Intel clearly shows it's a popular resolution many people play at lol! ;)
Yup you are right. AMD are targeting 1080p users ,which are the majority with their 4GB VEGA.

However, seriously VEGA is high end as AMD said.

AMD management seriously caught off guard by GTX 1080 price cut and GTX 1080 Ti price ,therefore, they are making very quick and very bad decision.

Moreover, there are some blind members in the forum, which will say that 4GB is good buy for high end gaming. 4GB is 4GB no matter what it is HBM 3, HBM 4, HBM 5 HBM XXXXX no matter what.

Soldato
He never said there would be a 4gb version. He said the partners would have the option to use 4gb and 8gb. That does not mean there will be a 4gb card, it just means the option is there.

Associate

maybe wait to see what segement they are talking about, if high end maybe check the new HBCC feature, and how it performs since if this is the case that would be the thing replacing the packed memory, the bandwidth is so fast they have plenty of room to swap memory around, and if performance is not hindered by lower memory size, then it would be stupid to add cost to the card for no reason.
if Vega isn't exciting performance wise, it certainly is feature wise, so just wait and see what they cooked up before yelling that it's stupid.

Permabanned
OP
He never said there would be a 4gb version. He said the partners would have the option to use 4gb and 8gb. That does not mean there will be a 4gb card, it just means the option is there.
It means the option is available and 4GB version exist.

4GB version of VEGA only exist because HBM 2 is dam expensive.

Permabanned
OP
maybe wait to see what segement they are talking about, if high end maybe check the new HBCC feature, and how it performs since if this is the case that would be the thing replacing the packed memory, the bandwidth is so fast they have plenty of room to swap memory around, and if performance is not hindered by lower memory size, then it would be stupid to add cost to the card for no reason.
if Vega isn't exciting performance wise, it certainly is feature wise, so just wait and see what they cooked up before yelling that it's stupid.
It needs developer support. HBC require coding from developers and it means that every game require coding for HBC just like Prey ,which will have VEGA features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom