• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
While I do think it is fake I don't see why such an improvement would not be possible, Isn't a 680 on the same node as a 980ti?

True. I'm hoping it's true and the 6144 shader part tbh. Don't mind if it has 8GB of HBM2 as my res isn't quite as punishing as proper 4k :)

I'm ready and waiting to 'auction' my Ti the day before release :D

Permabanned
True. I'm hoping it's true and the 6144 shader part tbh. Don't mind if it has 8GB of HBM2 as my res isn't quite as punishing as proper 4k :)

I'm ready and waiting to 'auction' my Ti the day before release :D

Same here, I've been waiting so long I just want to grab the fastest Vega as soon as possible. It would be nice if the May release is true, I pray they don't stagger the release with the fastest core coming last to maximise sales.

Caporegime
Same here, I've been waiting so long I just want to grab the fastest Vega as soon as possible. It would be nice if the May release is true, I pray they don't stagger the release with the fastest core coming last to maximise sales.

If it's on a par or nearly on a par with the Ti then I'm switching :)

I know it'll mature quite well :cool:

Soldato
If its that fast Disney will be ringing AMD to ask if they can call it the Darth Vega. Also Gibbo being impressed was just a tad of an understatement
kOduApN.gif

Vulkan is the direction for multiple threaded cpu though so if that guess release is correct and it is where Vega excels, its no bad thing going forward. Also AMD just has the cooler code words now, I'm calling it based on that.

My rig (or any game I play?) dont need a card that powerful or that expensive tbh, it'd resemble a Moped with a v8 at this rate

Last edited:
Soldato
I just want a card to power 1440p. Unless AMD release a 4k card at affordable pricing really putting the cat amongst the pigeons and blowing the GPU market out the water!

Something like a 1080ti at £350 - £400.

Associate
I can see this Hype train derailing quite bad and causing a major train wreck.:p

282dvh0.jpg
:)

Associate
Since when was a Titan XP nearly twice as fast as a 1080?

Last time I checked it was about ~30% faster on average.

It might have been more believable if they could at least get that part right :p

That leak is probably comparing to the next (unreleased) Titan Xp (where only the p is green) which is even faster than the new Titan Xp (all green letters) released after the 1080ti! :D

Soldato
Since when was a Titan XP nearly twice as fast as a 1080?

Last time I checked it was about ~30% faster on average.

It might have been more believable if they could at least get that part right :p

Well the Titan X (pascal) got over 100fps back when it launched, and averaging around mid 90's, before they put out their Vulcan patch, so I can see the new TXp doing close to what that graphs states.

It was also around ~30% faster than 1080 already, never mind the new TXp which is apparently 10% faster than TX as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom