• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Radeon RX Vega Final Model and Packaging Spotted in AMD Chinese Ad Campaign.

14nm Vega 10 GPU

• 4096 stream processors
  • 64 NCUs (Next Compute Units)
  • 2048-bit memory bus
  • 8 GB HBM2
  • 512GB/s Memory Bandwidth
  • PCIe Gen 3 x 16
  • 225W TDP
Erm..... "The Radeon RX Vega card itself will be coming in a rather slick black, red and silver box, complete with LED lighting on the box itself."

RGB all the things is getting silly :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Permabanned

14nm Vega 10 GPU

• 4096 stream processors
  • 2048-bit memory bus
  • 8 GB HBM2
  • PCIe Gen 3 x 16
  • 225W TDP
Erm..... "The Radeon RX Vega card itself will be coming in a rather slick black, red and silver box, complete with LED lighting on the box itself."

RGB all the things is getting silly​

It sounds too me like they are trying to make it look as premium as possible,
I hope it's not too justify a price it doesn't command.

Also isn't this just someone reporting late on what everyone else was reporting on a few days ago?

Last edited:
Caporegime

14nm Vega 10 GPU

• 4096 stream processors
  • 2048-bit memory bus
  • 8 GB HBM2
  • PCIe Gen 3 x 16
  • 225W TDP

Do we know if Vega cores are going to have faster IPC over Polaris?

It is really hard to work out what performance it will have, even based on those specs without knowing the IPC and core clock. I suppose we can assume it will be at least around twice as fast as the 480 which would take it around 1080 levels or above, but hopefully they have made some ipc gains and it will be at 1080Ti levels. If it is a whole new arc and they have made significant IPC gains then it could be faster.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do we know if Vega cores are going to have faster IPC over Polaris?

It is really hard to work out what performance it will have, even based on those specs without knowing the IPC and core clock. I suppose we can assume it will be at LEAST twice as fast as the 480 which would take it around 1080 levels or above, but hopefully they have made some ipc gains and it will be at 1080Ti levels. If it is a whole new arc and they have made significant IPC gains then it could be faster.

Pretty sure they said upto twice the throughput per shader. I can't remember if that was in comparison to Fury X or GCN as a whole.

Soldato

14nm Vega 10 GPU

• 4096 stream processors
  • 2048-bit memory bus
  • 8 GB HBM2
  • PCIe Gen 3 x 16
  • 225W TDP

That seems to suggest it will be water cooed? I want air coolers!

Soldato
Hope they don't do the same as the fury where the fury x was only available with the reference aio water cooler, I'm sure my fury tri x cooler would be more than enough to cool a Fury x

Caporegime
Until a month ago I was running a Fury X, bugger ended up having some memory die it seems. So been on this since then. Gotta say, I do miss Freesync :(

Plus the FX was great in video work.

Yeah, i actually sold my 970 before i could get the 1070, so i ended up lending a 290X from a gaming friend, i just happen to have this Free Sync Screen

It was nice, certainly i noticed the smoothness and lack of any input latency immediately, it does fool slinky and very responsive and i have to say i do miss it now that i no longer have it.

Who knows, maybe AMD will put out a £300 card at least as fast as this 1070, if they do this will be a short stint owning this GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom