• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD WEEKEND ONLY DEAL 7900 XT FROM £729 !!!!

It’s expensive, but maybe you haven’t seen the competition…
That’s why buying neither is the right call from a consumer perspective as that’s the only way to bring down prices as clearly these companies don’t want to compete against each other and are both happy to charge way over the top for 2 products that last gen would have sat around RX6800/3070ti in performance terms.

Yet we sell more XTX than 4080's so benchmarks aside the customers are taking the XTX over it. 4080 sales are picking up but only since we achieved under £1100 on the price.
That's interesting. Do the lower 4080 sales reflect in better numbers up & down the stack, i.e. 4090 & 4070/Ti? I'd think that the people already spending >£1000 might just jump to the 4090, whilst the more budget conscious would go for 4070/Ti. 4080 is the man in the middle, never a great position.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Do the lower 4080 sales reflect in better numbers up & down the stack, i.e. 4090 & 4070/Ti? I'd think that the people already spending >£1000 might just jump to the 4090, whilst the more budget conscious would go for 4070/Ti. 4080 is the man in the middle, never a great position.

4090 sells in great volumes, end of the day the customer buying a halo card is less concerned about cost, its all about performance or having the best, so 4090 sells incredibly well for us and has done since launch, were also the ONLY UK store with them in stock from £1499. :)

Since the start of the month AMD have had some very strong deals, 7900 XT and XTX are both consistent strong sellers for us, but since the deals cards like the 6950 XT, 6800 XT, 6700 XT and 6600 are absolutely flying now in large volumes, the prices we have hit have certainly got the consumer spending again at OcUK on AMD and thus AMD sales numbers are very strong here at present.

Last edited:
4090 sells in great volumes, end of the day the customer buying a halo card is less concerned about cost, its all about performance or having the best, so 4090 sells incredibly well for us and has done since launch, were also the ONLY UK store with them in stock from £1499. :)

Since the start of the month AMD have had some very strong deals, 7900 XT and XTX are both consistent strong sellers for us, but since the deals cards like the 6950 XT, 6800 XT, 6700 XT and 6600 are absolutely flying now in large volumes, the prices we have hit have certainly got the consumer spending again at OcUK on AMD and thus AMD sales numbers are very strong here at present.
Genuine curiosity

Strong compared to the rest of this generation or as an overall compared to previous releases and is it due to the price drops?

I'm just wondering if the reported scare mongering of the media that stock is sitting on shelves is accurate or just media BS and if it is accurate what as a retailer do you think should be done? Are the prices wrong or is this the future as its more costly to shrink the nodes and grind out performance?

Last edited:
Sadly for AMD it's not even a competition anymore. For £100 more the 4080 wipes the floor with the XTX

It really doesn’t though. I can easily post a single benchmark where it beats it. A single benchmark doesn’t really mean anything, and the 4080 certainly doesn’t ‘wipe the floor’ with an XTX as an all round product IMO.

I can easily post a single benchmark where it beats it.
I would love to see a single benchmark where the XTX even doubles the performance of the 4080, let alone quadruples it.

I'll wait.

CbcIW1NWEAEFIc1.jpg

For those who don't care about RT and don't accept the limitations of frame generation I'm sure the 7900 xtx is very competitive.
Not having FG in the first place is a bigger limitation than whatever flaws you can find with it. More than 0 will always be better than 0.

Last edited:
I would love to see a single benchmark where the XTX even doubles the performance of the 4080, let alone quadruples it.

I'll wait.

So what? Just because the 4080 is faster at ray tracing in certain situations/titles, doesn’t mean that it ‘wipes the floor’ with the XTX. A single outlier benchmark doesn’t mean anything. If you look at a large number of titles the XTX is consistently faster than a 4080 or at least very competitive.

Last edited:
Sadly for AMD it's not even a competition anymore. For £100 more the 4080 wipes the floor with the XTX. :(

yS0s7rS.png

I mean picking a single ray traced game and using that as a representation for the entire comparison....don't worry none of us think you're a Nvidia fan boy.

I mean why would anybody buy a 4080 when a 7900xt absolutely destroys this, i mean look at this absolute destruction half the price and more performance

Call-Of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-II-4K.jpg

Now if you will excuse me i'm eating a rather delicious bowl of cherrys

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom