• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD WEEKEND ONLY DEAL 7900 XT FROM £729 !!!!

Moaning about it isn’t going to change things… Nvidia and AMD will determine what price to sell next gen and imo I reckon they’ll add £100 onto this gens prices for perhaps 15-20% more performance at each tier.

Where's the clown emoji when you need one. :cry:

Nvidia realy want to kill off gaming then sure raise prices even more and sell *******.

Last edited:
Moaning about it isn’t going to change things… Nvidia and AMD will determine what price to sell next gen and imo I reckon they’ll add £100 onto this gens prices for perhaps 15-20% more performance at each tier.

Huh imo that's not sustainable but we'll see not everyone upgrades every gen and I believe they want to sell cards

Last edited:
I would be amazed if GPU prices are reduced substantially going forwards. At the mid to high end at least. The price of making them is increasing with node changes not going down. And they will likely use newer memory etc with further cost.
I don't disagree that huge prices cuts are unlikely, but let's not pretend that's because of manufacturing costs. Nvidia's margins are gigantic and it's making money hand over fist. The projections in its financial results from a few weeks back are for Q2 to be the biggest quarter in the entire history of the company. It's not a struggling entity reacting to increasing costs to keep its head above water. It's simply pursuing the totally realistic and normal infinite growth model that our glorious capitalist utopia has decided upon and having you fund it. For all the talk about how Nvidia is an AI company now and doesn't care about gaming card sales, the gaming division still makes up a huge chunk of its revenue. Datacentre sales made up ~58% of its revenue in Q1, with just over 30% being from the gaming division. It might only be a secondary concern at this point, but it's still a huge one worth billions of dollars per quarter.

Last edited:
Didn’t you buy a 4070? That pretty much is the reason why Nvidia will raise prices. 12gb vram and for £600 so next gen 5070 will be £689-699

Get real, shipments are already in the toilet, once Nvidia's ai bubble bursts they will come crawling back to gamers with price to performance that will blow your mind. Ada is a bust, they won't want a repeat. 4070 is the only decent card they have price to performance wise.

Get real, shipments are already in the toilet, once Nvidia's ai bubble bursts they will come crawling back to gamers with price to performance that will blow your mind. Ada is a bust, they won't want a repeat. 4070 is the only decent card they have price to performance wise.

AI is going nowhere, massive growth sector and will no doubt be the boom of 23/24 and 2025, just does gamers no favours as for NVIDIA the corporates wanting the AI chips are an easier sale, think they start at $32,000 per chip. :eek:

Even OcUK is seeing massive growth in corporate sector, but we keep pushing really hard on the consumer GPUs to get prices down as for us gaming GPU sales are up year on year, though marginally but corporate sales are more than double, good job with size of new building. :D

Last edited:
AI is going nowhere, massive growth sector and will no doubt be the boom of 23/24 and 2025, just does gamers no favours as for NVIDIA the corporates wanting the AI chips are an easier sale, think they start at $32,000 per chip. :eek:

Even OcUK is seeing massive growth in corporate sector, but we keep pushing really hard on the consumer GPUs to get prices down as for us gaming GPU sales are up year on year, though marginally but corporate sales are more than double, good job with size of new building. :D
why are you investing into ai? because everyone else is and we dont want to be behind, yes its totally not a bubble and going nowhere!

why are you investing into ai? because everyone else is and we dont want to be behind, yes its totally not a bubble and going nowhere!
I think bubble the way we usually use the word is not quite the correct fit.

Boom to total bust is very unlikely IMO.

What do agree with, is to not believe the hype.
That's for the whole AI market though.

Barriers to entry are low for now - at least for running trained models, maybe not for training.

Which means they big players are going to roll their own rather than paying Nvidia's huge margins.

If you are Google or Microsoft you will ise your own silicon because it is better value long term and nobody likes buying from Nvidia anyhow. Just look what happend with automotive where, for example, Tesla decided to do their own silicon as it was s get better fit than Nvidia's stuff.

I'm sure Nvidia will do okay; their execution tends tos be pretty good most of the time, and they are super aggressive. But I doubt they'll stay a $trillion company for long.

Last edited:
I don't disagree that huge prices cuts are unlikely, but let's not pretend that's because of manufacturing costs. Nvidia's margins are gigantic and it's making money hand over fist. The projections in its financial results from a few weeks back are for Q2 to be the biggest quarter in the entire history of the company. It's not a struggling entity reacting to increasing costs to keep its head above water.

Oh I know that - but as costs increase they aren’t prepared to take a loss to their margins, so it all fuels the current pricing of high end graphics cards.

But then things have often been this way. It’s not like high end PC hardware was ever cheap. A 8800 Ultra was over 800 dollars in 2007. The original Titan was a thousand dollars at launch, so was a GTX 690.

Last edited:
I would be amazed if GPU prices are reduced substantially going forwards. At the mid to high end at least. The price of making them is increasing with node changes not going down. And they will likely use newer memory etc with further cost. If people want to buy high end the reality is it’s always going to be expensive.
It’s not just an issue with prices it’s the hardware you’re getting, at £1200 a 4080 has specs closer to a 3070/ti than a 3080 while the £800 4070ti is pretty much ADAs version of a 3060 with an almost identical die size, bus speed and vram. If Nvidia expect buyers to pay high end money then they need to at least offer high end products and not lower end cards pretending to be high end.

Last edited:
It’s not just an issue with prices it’s the hardware you’re getting, at £1200 a 4080 has specs closer to a 3070/ti than a 3080 while the £800 4070ti is pretty much ADAs version of a 3060 with an almost identical die size, bus speed and vram. If Nvidia expect buyers to pay high end money then they need to at offer high end products and not lower end cards pretending to be high end.
Once prices get raised they rarely go back down.

That’s why rejecting the price hikes by refusing to purchase a GPU right now is absolutely the right thing to do as a consumer if you ever want to see normal prices again.
Also a lot haven’t abstained from a new gpu purchase according to this forum so perhaps Nvidia and AMD won’t get the full message you are intending.

Back
Top Bottom