• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD WEEKEND ONLY DEAL 7900 XT FROM £729 !!!!

Depends what you currently have , I'll be fine skipping a gen if they had reasonable pricing I would have likely bought this gen the more that can skip a gen the better

Why does the xt have price drops ? Can't be selling that well?? Can understand 6000 series to get rid of stock is that the reason why we haven't seen 7800 ?

Last edited:
Depends what you currently have , I'll be fine skipping a gen if they had reasonable pricing I would have likely bought this gen the more that can skip a gen the better

Why does the xt have price drops ? Can't be selling that well?? Can understand 6000 series to get rid of stock is that the reason why we haven't seen 7800 ?
To reflect what Nvidia are doing with the 70ti.

The same people moaning about things being too expensive are probably not ever going to be buying a luxury item like a gpu. So OCuk probably don’t care about further reductions as the price they’ve set is the cheapest now in the country. Cracking deal on the mba for £728 is a sweet sweet price.
£600 would be the buy price for me on this gpu given it’s a 70 competitor, between 700-800 then I’d want an XTX or 4080, I don’t really care about buying a gpu till my price to performance expectations are met despite easily being able to afford one.

The same people moaning about things being too expensive are probably not ever going to be buying a luxury item like a gpu. So OCuk probably don’t care about further reductions as the price they’ve set is the cheapest now in the country. Cracking deal on the mba for £728 is a sweet sweet price.
Arent GPU sales at a multi-year low? It is precisely the people complaining about the prices that are in fact your typical GPU buyers.

well i have the money .. but i want a price point that suits me .. why over pay if you don't have to .. it's a buyers market we are in a downturn .. i have a vega 64 which atm (maybe for not to long ) plays what i want it to .. but as always the price will come down ..amd need sales .. 2-3 months from now prices will drop further

well i have the money .. but i want a price point that suits me .. why over pay if you don't have to .. it's a buyers market we are in a downturn .. i have a vega 64 which atm (maybe for not to long ) plays what i want it to .. but as always the price will come down ..amd need sales .. 2-3 months from now prices will drop further
Next gen will have a further premium placed on it with less technological advancement.

I would be amazed if GPU prices are reduced substantially going forwards. At the mid to high end at least. The price of making them is increasing with node changes not going down. And they will likely use newer memory etc with further cost. If people want to buy high end the reality is it’s always going to be expensive.

I think there’s some pretty good deals around. You can get a great GPU new for £300 odd now as shown above. Unless you want the bleeding edge then you have to pay for it - but that’s always been the case.

But we’ve moved on now from a couple of years ago when even a dire low end GPU cost a small fortune. At least there is some level of competition with the pricing now.

Last edited:
£600 would be the buy price for me on this gpu given it’s a 70 competitor, between 700-800 then I’d want an XTX or 4080, I don’t really care about buying a gpu till my price to performance expectations are met despite easily being able to afford one.

Totally agree the only thing the xt going for it it's one of the better deals doesn't mean it's still not over priced , I wouldn't personally buy it even for £600 isn't big enough uplift from my current card id want xtx / 4080 kind of jump

But I can see people looking at the xt if current card is really struggling

Totally agree the only thing the xt going for it it's one of the better deals doesn't mean it's still not over priced , I wouldn't personally buy it even for £600 isn't big enough uplift from my current card id want xtx / 4080 kind of jump

But I can see people looking at the xt if current card is really struggling
Tbh wouldn’t be happy with a card with less than 16gb vram. All but the 3090 from last gen is out. AMD 6000 series have no AI cores so FSR3.0 might not run as well etc. 7900xt and XTX have a lot of performance that hasn’t been unlocked yet by AMD. SO FINE WINE ETC

Last edited:
Tbh wouldn’t be happy with a card with less than 16gb vram. All but the 3090 from last gen is out. AMD 6000 series have no AI cores so FSR3.0 might not run as well etc. 7900xt and XTX have u a lot of performance that hasn’t been unlocked yet by AMD. SO FINE WINE ETC
Ps XTX perf is only 10-15% more than the XT so that’s a silly argument for an upgrade @uscool

Last edited:
I just think people are being unrealistic and expecting for profit multinational companies to give away performance on the cheap. Inflation and cost of manufacture due to node changes have meant increasing prices.

You’ll be waiting a while then….

I can easily buy one but I also value my cash.

Ps XTX perf is only 10-15% more than the XT so that’s a silly argument for an upgrade @uscool

been unlocked yet by AMD. SO FINE WINE ETC

Don't agree buying on assumption it's gonna get better we don't know that you should buy products on current performance

What to say even if they do figure it out why release it when rdna4 could seen having bigger uplift ? Rdna3 just seems with chiplets it's in beta even more ruined with current pricing , still yet to see fsr 3 and still idle power issues if using multiple displays since it launched

I agree it's one of the better deals but not for me I have £700-£800 to spend so will wait next gen 3080 at 1440p still fine for me

Last edited:
I just think people are being unrealistic and expecting for profit multinational companies to give away performance on the cheap. Inflation and cost of manufacture due to node changes have meant increasing prices.

It's not about giving away performance on the cheap , 80 tier card doubling its price tells me that's not all on inflation rest of the tiers are in the wrong place ( excluding 4090)

And AMD deciding to call the cards 7900 just so they can price them higher

Last edited:
It's not about giving away performance on the cheap , 80 tier card doubling its price tells me that's not all on inflation rest of the tiers are in the wrong place ( excluding 4090)

And AMD deciding to call the cards 7900 just so they can price them higher
Moaning about it isn’t going to change things… Nvidia and AMD will determine what price to sell next gen and imo I reckon they’ll add £100 onto this gens prices for perhaps 15-20% more performance at each tier.

Back
Top Bottom