• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD working on Virtual Reality too

Caporegime
OP
I didn't impose a comparison classification, simply correcting egregious misinformation.

Does Mantle work on Nvidia or Intel? Was it ever offered to Nvidia or Intel? Is the API only available to select developers of AMD's choosing?

Not sure why you insist I am giving misinformation when it is quite clear that Mantle in its current form is proprietary.

Caporegime
OP
i think nvidia's headset(i assume they are making one??) will probably be locked to their gpu's, or like to get all the features you need a nvidia card, i doubt very much they will lock out other headsets from running on their cards tho

maybe the 1st ones wont be that good anyway, pretty tough thing to get right
i might be as old as u by the time they get it right :)

Tomorrow night is where we find out what is what and I am quite intrigued, as it is supposed to come with the Tegra X1 built in if the sources are correct. That could make it pretty mobile but doesn't fill me with confidence for running high end, high res games.

Soldato
Does Mantle work on Nvidia or Intel? Was it ever offered to Nvidia or Intel? Is the API only available to select developers of AMD's choosing?

Not sure why you insist I am giving misinformation when it is quite clear that Mantle in its current form is proprietary.

Because you keep ignoring the facts.

Using a beta api that doesn't work on ~90% of AMD's own hardware never mind any other vendor is clarity enough in your continuous attempts at comparing a single AMD beta tech to Nvidia's numerous closed technologies.

http://techterms.com/definition/beta_software

Worth a read to clarify any confusion.

Last edited:

Mei

Mei

Soldato
Tomorrow night is where we find out what is what and I am quite intrigued, as it is supposed to come with the Tegra X1 built in if the sources are correct. That could make it pretty mobile but doesn't fill me with confidence for running high end, high res games.

maybe thats just to stream it? if they can do that and still keep the delay super low..i duno
personally i dont see whats wrong with a wire coming out to a box, none of the full on VR ones ive seen you'd want to take mobile yet anyway
guess they scared of accidents on some VR ski jumping game ><

Caporegime
OP
Because you keep ignoring the facts.

Using a beta api that doesn't work on ~90% of AMD's own hardware never mind any other vendor is clarity enough in your continuous attempts at comparing a single AMD beta tech to Nvidia's numerous closed technologies.

http://techterms.com/definition/beta_software

Worth a read to clarify any confusion.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphi...t_Will_Become_Widely_Available_to_Others.html

Google Mantle Proprietary and many many tech sites agree with me.

That is my last word on that subject in this thread with you but feel free to discuss AMD working with Oculus to get VR running well. :)

Mei

Mei

Soldato
it rly is possible to talk about techy stuff without getting tribal every 5mins!
atleast break it up to every 20 posts or something, it will make ur victories taste sweeter lol

Caporegime
OP
it rly is possible to talk about techy stuff without getting tribal every 5mins!
atleast break it up to every 20 posts or something, it will make ur victories taste sweeter lol

I agree lol. I love techy stuff :D Talking of which, does Oculus have a release date yet? On my phone and stuck at work till 6am :(

Caporegime
Raja Koduri, Corporate VP of Visual Computing at AMD, and AMD’s Lead Architect of VR and Advanced Rendering, Layla Mah, explain how LiquidVRTM addresses common issues such as head tracking, latency, and more – all part of AMD’s initiative to provide total VR content, comfort, and compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom