• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD X2 Socket 939 Prices now dropped !! (X2 3800 @ £99)

Associate
I was thinking of going dual core to make my MSI NEO2 Platinum last me a bit longer.. but I was wondering about compatibility since it's getting kinda old now. The MSI website says it only works with 'E4 and E6' revisions. Are the ones floating around now right for me then? :confused:

Associate
jklc said:
I was thinking of going dual core to make my MSI NEO2 Platinum last me a bit longer.. but I was wondering about compatibility since it's getting kinda old now. The MSI website says it only works with 'E4 and E6' revisions. Are the ones floating around now right for me then? :confused:

yes, definately fine. im playing with a X2 3800 in the same motherboard. 2400 on stock voltages - ive not tried increasing the cpu voltages yet. That'll be next. also not sure if the ocz 3200 platinum r2 is any good at overclocking - need to experiment. Just a case of updating the bios, drop in new cpu, uninstall the old cpu driver, install the new X2 cpu driver, voila.
seem to have a LDBFE 0623WPEW like many others here.

Associate
I've ordered a 1mb 4800

At that price crazy to get a lower spec one for sake of a few pounds. I'd like to see atleast 2.6ghz as best I get of my opty 146 is 2.5 so I'd like to see some improvement.

Last edited:
Associate
n3x said:
OcUK are happy to provide the resources of these forums to responsible individuals without charge. They cost a substantial amount of money to maintain and use considerable amounts of bandwith which is paid for exclusively by OcUK. As you know OcUK are in the computer hardware business and therefore the promotion of OcUK's competitors is forbidden. Examples of promotion are :-

Posting links to competitors websites
Posting links to reviews that promote competitors
Quoting the names or contact details of competitors
Offering to provide the names or contact details of competitors
Hinting about product availability at competitors and their pricing
Using the forums to notify a member of intent or actual supply of names or contact details of competitors
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in signatures
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in profile
Posting links to or the mentioning of auction sites
Disguising attempts to do any of the above

Agreed they are the rules of this site so we should stick to them on here, but if the same people were on another forum I would prefer to use that one instead, I hate rules that are as tight as these are and have not seen rules this tight on any other forum, but the saying goes when in Rome do as Rome does and that applies here, PS I buy £1,000's of PC parts from OcUK each year simply because of their quality service and backup if something goes wrong, cheapness is not the prime goal for me quality service is much higher up the scale that's why I use OcUK.

Back
Top Bottom